Main Menu

Robert Granito

Started by critter, 29 March, 2011, 12:08:18 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

critter

Appearently this guy has been stealing other artist work for years. He would trace it, alter it slightly, and claim it as his own. He even has a whole list of credits that can be proved. I first heard of it from Facebook. This freaks website is http://www.robgranito.com

critter

Emperor

Bleeding Cool have been tracking it:

www.bleedingcool.com/2011/03/24/who-on-earth-is-rob-granito/
www.bleedingcool.com/2011/03/25/more-amazing-fun-with-rob-granito/
www.bleedingcool.com/2011/03/25/yes-orlando-rob-granito-is-at-megacon-pics/
www.bleedingcool.com/2011/03/25/rob-granito-hits-youtube-at-megacon/
www.bleedingcool.com/2011/03/25/when-ethan-van-sciver-met-rob-granito/
www.bleedingcool.com/2011/03/26/artists-react-to-rob-granito-in-the-only-way-they-can/
www.bleedingcool.com/2011/03/28/rob-granitos-megacon-adventure-with-mark-waid/
if I went 'round saying I was an Emperor just because some moistened bint had lobbed a scimitar at me, they'd put me away!

Fractal Friction | Tumblr | Google+

fresno bob

And to think I considered Bendis the Tarantino of comics.
You know why the Professor never got laid on the island, don't you?

TOMMIE

Dear critter I also know about this guy who tries to steal the work of others and make some alteration in it and presents to the public by saying that it is his own creation .It is against the law .
TOMMIE

Richmond Clements

Quote from: Emperor on 29 March, 2011, 01:17:05 AM
Bleeding Cool have been tracking it:

www.bleedingcool.com/2011/03/24/who-on-earth-is-rob-granito/
www.bleedingcool.com/2011/03/25/more-amazing-fun-with-rob-granito/
www.bleedingcool.com/2011/03/25/yes-orlando-rob-granito-is-at-megacon-pics/
www.bleedingcool.com/2011/03/25/rob-granito-hits-youtube-at-megacon/
www.bleedingcool.com/2011/03/25/when-ethan-van-sciver-met-rob-granito/
www.bleedingcool.com/2011/03/26/artists-react-to-rob-granito-in-the-only-way-they-can/
www.bleedingcool.com/2011/03/28/rob-granitos-megacon-adventure-with-mark-waid/

Wow- this had all passed me by!
I started off reading those links thinking he was a dick, then was feeling sorry for him in the middle somewhere, but he was back to being a dick again (who I feel a little bit sorry for) at the end.

TordelBack

Yes, the Dwayne McDuffie business rather swung it from 'mildly pathetic' to 'fuck you asshole'.

JOE SOAP

The comic-world actually has a villain.

Spaceghost

I must be more cold-hearted than you Rich. At no point did I feel remotely sorry for this weasel.
Raised in the wild by sarcastic wolves.

Previously known as L*e B*tes. Sshhh, going undercover...

Keef Monkey

Wow, that was quite a saga. Made for interesting reading. You do wonder how long he thought he could get away with it. I used to work with a guy who claimed he was a war hero (used to wear military regalia to functions and tell all sorts of stories, only got found out when he insisted he'd been knighted so wanted his title changed on his payslips). He'd never even been in the army. When he was found out he was in the papers for basically shitting all over actual war heroes, reading this reminded me of that situation a lot. It always seemed to me that he didn't have any control over the lies, that there was a mental condition that just compelled him to do it, maybe Granito is the same and needs help. Or maybe he's just a trying to make a buck with lies.