Main Menu

Dredd (2012)

Started by Goaty, 06 September, 2011, 11:51:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

dracula1

My finger is hovering over the 'book now' online too! Hoping to get tickets at the local cinema for opening day. See attached picture as I imagine the opening red carpet night of Dredd 3D in the Meg might look like this! . . .

Caption for Dredd reads: 'Watch the Movie punks!'

strangelysaucy

Quote from: MR. ELIMINATOR on 02 September, 2012, 03:59:26 AMThen I am gonna watch it again just so I can be thrown out for masturbating in the cinema

:lol:
props, scribbles and fiddle-aboutery - https://www.facebook.com/Strangelysaucy

Bat King

504 pages and the film still isn't on general release... Well done Goaty!
Blog
http://judgetutorsemple.wordpress.com/

Twitter
@chiropterarex

critter

Yesterday I saw my first Physical movie poster for Dredd and first commercial on TV. Just 19 more days.

critter

MR. ELIMINATOR

Stan

Quote from: Stu101 on 01 September, 2012, 11:08:56 PM
Quote from: Stan on 01 September, 2012, 08:04:19 PM
Am I the only one interesting in hearing a Mark Kermode review?

I'll be listening to the podcast next Friday to hear his opinion. I think he may like it, if not bemoan the lack of depth to the story (I'm now paraphrasing other reviews). He quite often picks up on films being too long, not this one though  :)
If he does give it a positive review I think it'll help...

Ta. I wasn't aware there was a podcast but I'll check that out. Not that I really give a damn about reviews at this point. I'm just intrigued.

auxlen

I'm praying Mr Plinkett likes it!!!

Noisybast

It opens in less than a week. Why in seven hells can't I book a ticket?

Come to think of it, why does the Odeon site still not have a rating or running time? These details are readily available!
Dan Dare will return for a new adventure soon, Earthlets!

radiator

So, is it safe to entertain the hope that Dredd will open at no.1 in the UK box office next week?

The main challenge seems to be Total Recall, which hasn't been out very long, but it's died a death everywhere else, so  should drop off fairly dramatically. That, coupled with the wider recognition of the character over here, and also Dredd seems to be getting a much bigger marketing push than TR did (bizarre, considering their respective budgets). Karl seems like a one man marketing machine, he's appearing on pretty much everything to promote the movie, which should really help its prospects.

I know a no.1 in the UK hardly guarantees success, but it would be a good start.

radiator

Also; is there any word yet on the red carpet UK premiere? Surely it'll be in the next couple of days, presuming there is one?

W. R. Logan

Quote from: radiator on 02 September, 2012, 07:28:12 PM
Also; is there any word yet on the red carpet UK premiere? Surely it'll be in the next couple of days, presuming there is one?

According to John no premier.

The Sherman Kid

Quote from: W. R. Logan on 02 September, 2012, 07:41:39 PM
Quote from: radiator on 02 September, 2012, 07:28:12 PM

According to John no premier.

What?! I took that as a given.Do you know the reason is behind this Logan?

Karl is putting some serious work in, as Radiator says , promotion wise.I thought another reason it was released here first was to give it a big launch ie a Premier.

DeFuzzed

Total layman when it comes to movie biz, so is that normal, the lack of a premiere?

Danbo

Yeah,mostly just for the event movies,Harry Potter etc.
Let the Dragon ride again on the winds of time.

radiator

Thinking about it, it doesnt seem abnormal for a film of Dredd's size to not have a premiere.