Main Menu

Just saw the movie: What references did you notice?

Started by marcusninja, 07 September, 2012, 04:56:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

marcusninja

Spoilers of course if you haven't seen it.

- The fatty (complete with unicycle for belly) dead at the beginning
- A hotty stand
- graffitti that said Chopper.
- The fact that there were only two hi ex rounds
- exploding lawgiver

Did you notice any other cool references to the world of Dredd kicking around?  I'm not very good with that kind of subtle detail stuff.

Fisticuffs

I must have missed the dead fatty, saw the one sat in his room in Peach Trees though. :D

FoldsFive

The "Kenny Who?" graffiti when it pans back on a shot of the multiple levels.

Michaelvk

You have never felt pain until you've trodden barefoot on an upturned lego brick..

WhitBloke

[spoiler]Otto Sump store![/spoiler]  Didn't catch the full name of the store but that was enough to grin me up and I did enjoy the [spoiler]cautionary Fatty[/spoiler] later on in Peach Trees, while I scoffed my chocolate.  Perfect timing!
Was kicking myself for blinking just after the [spoiler]Dredd-tracked-by-his-voice-kills-the-creeps-with-mucho-flamo[/spoiler] moment because I just know that big sign (advert? film poster?) on the screen that I didn't refocus on in time has something on it for the Blu-Ray pause treatment!  Dang!

Oh, and [spoiler]Judge Volt![/spoiler]
So this is der place then, Johnny?

radiator

There's a blink-and-you'll-miss-it appearence by Hershey - or at least her name - on a computer screen at the start of the movie.

marcusninja

chuffsteruk

Quote from: marcusninja on 07 September, 2012, 05:37:06 PM
Oh man, I missed so many!  Where was Judge Volt?

He was one of the two Judges outside the block.HUGE GUY!

Buttonman

Can give a confirm on Volt and saw our very own Joe Soap's name and avatar near the start. Spotted the Kenny Who? and the Krysler movie poster. Of the blocks Sternhammer, O'neil and Tom Frame were the most readable.

Zanti Misfit

Dandontdare

I kept having to tell myself to watch the action rather than scanning the background graffiti (that's for the DVD), so the only ones I really noticed were Ch :) pper and Kenny Who, plus the Hottie stand and a few block names - spotted Bolland in addition to the ones mentioned.

Pioneer

Saw the Shoppera sign and most of the other already mentioned ones, no Joe Soap or Goaty though!? Any pointers?

Oh well, second (or third??) time around I guess!

HdE

I saw the name 'Hicklenton' on a block, and let out an audible 'aw', which my buddy's girlfriend noticed, and I had to later explain.

A nice tribute to a unique artist.
Check out my DA page! Point! Laugh!
http://hde2009.deviantart.com/

spireite68

The word DROKK painted on a leather jacket belonging to the perps in the van at the very start.
You creeps must think I sailed through space on a synthi-biscuit!

JPMaybe

Quote from: marcusninja
- The fact that there were only two hi ex rounds

Was that established in the comic somewhere?
Quote from: Butch on 17 January, 2015, 04:47:33 PM
Judge Death is a serial killer who got turned into a zombie when he met two witches in the woods one day...Judge Death is his real name.
-Butch on Judge Death's powers of helmet generation