Main Menu

Just saw the movie: What references did you notice?

Started by marcusninja, 07 September, 2012, 04:56:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Sherman Kid

Munce Box -a kiosk in the block plaza when they four judges come in

SuperSurfer

Quote from: Goaty on 17 September, 2012, 08:22:09 PM
Quote from: SuperSurfer on 17 September, 2012, 06:59:17 PM
• Two Goaty's. Weirdly I missed the main one in second viewing. Seemed so obvious in first viewing.
What was the 2nd?  :D
First one of course is when the slo-mo inhaler drops – the one in your animated gif.
Pretty sure the second one is when the camera moves down vertically showing different levels of the block internally and there is a Goaty scrawl on a wall.

JayzusB.Christ

There's a Mom 'n' Pop's store in Peach Trees too.  Think that was in the strip once, or is it a real chainstore?  Probably the former; it's hardly good advertising.
"Men will never be free until the last king is strangled with the entrails of the last priest"

JOE SOAP

JayzusB.Christ

"Men will never be free until the last king is strangled with the entrails of the last priest"

DKCX

Did anyone get a close look at the world map in the class room where Dredd "interrogates" Kay.
I thought I saw what looked to be Brasilia in the South American continent and possibly Cuidad Barranquilla as well.
Will someone else confirm this please.

Cactus

Yep, I definitely saw Cuidad Baranquila there. It reminded me very much of the world map that was printed in the Megazine around the time of Pan African Judges that I had on my bedroom wall for a while.
I'm a tucker hot seat trucker and I'm voking cheerio, ten-ten!

The Sherman Kid

Eight viewing today, early evening viewing ,attendence headcount score 42.

Still picking up new stuff- the Hottie Sign as Dredd enters first block says 'Over there punk!', nice.

A shot of a very very long corridor just before they burst into Kathys apartment I'm pretty sure has the same score from that total classic Forbidden Planet, when you long down into the depths of the huge Krell machine (very cool touch if I'm right)

The Sherman Kid

PS -Some folk were applauding when the Dredd certificate came up right before the start -sweet!

shaolin_monkey

Jeez, eighth!  You're way ahead of me - going for my seventh tonight.

What stuff did you notice on the kids skate ramp?  I saw the Fatties reference, but are there more?

P-BOT/1138

did anyone see the mcmahon block ref? when you see when you see justice central. its in the reflection on the building.
plus since i live in shrewsbury i walk past the peach trees all the time.
im also pretty sure the meeting between the film people took place in june last year. cause john wagner appeared at the comic shop in shrewsbury on the saturday. he left fairly early cause he had 'other things to do'. i just thought he got fed up doing nothing but listen to me being a fan boy. when charlie adlard's queue was out the door. looking back now surely thats the case.

marcusninja

Thanks everyone for chiming in on this thread.  It will be a joy to go again when the movie comes out officially in Toronto tomorrow and watch for all the easter eggs.

As part of my ongoing mission to hype the shit out of this movie in North America I made a top 10 easter eggs article for my work.  I included a lot of information from this thread, so thanks very much. 

God I hope it does well in Canada, I know I'll be going a good dozen times!  Anyways, here's the article, feel free to rip it apart if there are any inaccuracies and I will fix it.

http://www.bite.ca/bitedaily/2012/09/top-10-dredd-3d-easter-eggs/

The Sherman Kid

Quote from: marcusninja on 20 September, 2012, 03:17:35 PM
Thanks everyone for chiming in on this thread.  It will be a joy to go again when the movie comes out officially in Toronto tomorrow and watch for all the easter eggs.

As part of my ongoing mission to hype the shit out of this movie in North America I made a top 10 easter eggs article for my work.  I included a lot of information from this thread, so thanks very much. 

God I hope it does well in Canada, I know I'll be going a good dozen times!  Anyways, here's the article, feel free to rip it apart if there are any inaccuracies and I will fix it.

http://www.bite.ca/bitedaily/2012/09/top-10-dredd-3d-easter-eggs/

Nice work marcus.Corrections (as far as I can tell), Ezquerra mis-spelt, not seen IanGibson or Cam Kennedy blocks (*they may be there be I've not seen them), there definately is a Kevin O'Neill block and a John Hickleton blocks (surames just used), besides them ,excellent site mate.
Quote from: shaolin_monkey on 20 September, 2012, 10:18:43 AM
Jeez, eighth!  You're way ahead of me - going for my seventh tonight.

What stuff did you notice on the kids skate ramp?  I saw the Fatties reference, but are there more?

Hi Shaolin. The skate ramp...'Crime Pays'  was there ,another Chooper refence with the big smiley?

Travelled to Nottingham with work today, stopped off at Sheffield Meadowhall for a meal on the way back.........there was a cinema there..........I easily succumed and saw it for the ninth time.Glad  I did, it had the best sound system I've heard, headcount was only twenty two but you could tell there were poper Dredd fans there from the pre-film chatter.Way I see it,it may be the only time we get to see the proper Dredd on the big screen so screw the bank balance.

The Sherman Kid

Michaelvk

My Goaty count is up to two..

First one is top right hand corner, POV shot of guys going over the edge. Second is lower third, dead center, huge white letter graffiti, when the gatlings are pouring tracer fire across the block..
You have never felt pain until you've trodden barefoot on an upturned lego brick..