Main Menu

Just saw the movie: What references did you notice?

Started by marcusninja, 07 September, 2012, 04:56:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

shaolin_monkey

Cheers for last night, MVK - it was cool.  It was like having the DVD commentary whispered into my ear all the way through the film.   ;)  Did you get a buzz seeing your name up on the big screen again?

I'd noticed the sweet dispenser before, but hadn't realised it was for Umpty Candy!  That was cool.  Also seeing two Goaty's was great.  I'm still missing the Joe Soap though? 

Goaty

Well done, Monkey!

What / where was 2nd Goaty? Still try to find it!

shaolin_monkey

Quote from: Goaty on 21 September, 2012, 10:20:19 AM
Well done, Monkey!

What / where was 2nd Goaty? Still try to find it!

It's where MVK said it was - he pointed it out to me last night, although I caught the briefest split second glimpse of it:

QuoteFirst one is top right hand corner, POV shot of guys going over the edge. Second is lower third, dead center, huge white letter graffiti, when the gatlings are pouring tracer fire across the block..

The third I have seen on the pre-release photos, but can't place where in the film it is.  Is it the stairs/gas grenade section?

Goaty

The Sherman Kid

Quote from: shaolin_monkey on 21 September, 2012, 10:19:39 AM

I'd noticed the sweet dispenser before, but hadn't realised it was for Umpty Candy!  That was cool.  Also seeing two Goaty's was great.  I'm still missing the Joe Soap though?

I thought that was Umpty Candy reference ,but wasn't sure, excellent.

Joe Soap-When the pursuit of the perps in the van comes off at the carriageway exit ramp ,look up, big billboard sign there.I missed it too at first.

Michaelvk

Quote from: The Sherman Kid on 21 September, 2012, 12:37:43 PM
Quote from: shaolin_monkey on 21 September, 2012, 10:19:39 AM

I thought that was Umpty Candy reference ,but wasn't sure, excellent.

Joe Soap-When the pursuit of the perps in the van comes off at the carriageway exit ramp ,look up, big billboard sign there.I missed it too at first.

Yeah, Umpty Candy was written down the left hand side of the machine.. Unfortunately that was the bit obscured by the staircase.
You have never felt pain until you've trodden barefoot on an upturned lego brick..

The Sherman Kid

Tenth viewing yesterday, headcount score just 4, but it was an early evening show.This may be (well possibly ) my last viewing (but that could change) of Dredd (at any moment)  :D

Still noticed two new things.

As Dredd enters Peach Trees and talk about the block ,it shows one guy sat (he has a tattooed face), above him it says  'really nice bar', where Mrs Gunderson just to hang out isn't it?

Peoyte King gang member arresting judge was Judge Silver.

The Sherman Kid

Twelveth and final viewing, local cinema has pulled Dredd so end of a mini-era.Headcount 10

Amazingly noticed something new -the judge who arrested Ma-Ma was Judge Koburn ,only up for a second, but I think thats right.

There are actually 6 Chief Judges who get a mention.

Griffin     -Arresting of van suspect
Hershey  -Attending riot posted on controls screen.
Fransico  -Arresting judge for Red Dragon member
Silver      -Arresting Judge for Peyote King Member
McGruder -Arresting Judge for the Judged Member
Volt        -Judge stood outside block with Guthrie.

JOE SOAP

Rog69

I saw it for a second time this week and managed to spot Joe Soap and the dead fatty with the belly wheel that I missed first time around. I still haven't seen a single Goaty though.

I was looking out for the Judge Death hanging from the van's mirror during the chase scene but it was too blurry to make out, I saw Drokk on the back of the jacket in the same scene though.This second viewing had awesome sound but was slightly out of focus compared to the first time.

Did I spot "Judo" written on the wall just as Dredd and Anderson are walking into Peach trees after cautioning the vagrant?

Judo

One dodgy russian version later and this is best I could get.  I don't think so, could be anything, but if true then I owe who evers respsonsible a pint ;) x

Time is an illusion. Lunchtime doubly so.

critter

The four dirty Judges, wasn't one Volt. Wasn't there a Chief Judge Volt at one point.

critter

JOE SOAP

Quote from: critter on 29 September, 2012, 03:02:18 AM
The four dirty Judges, wasn't one Volt. Wasn't there a Chief Judge Volt at one point.

One of the Judges waiting outside was called Volt.