Main Menu

Dredd (in 2d), Robocop and The Raid triple Bill

Started by Teivion, 15 November, 2012, 04:05:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

junox

I watched Dredd first, which of course was magnificent, blew me away .....  Weeks later i went to a friends to  watch the RAID ,to see what all the fuss was about  give the movie a fair  go , gave up after 20mins .  Didnt do anything for me   :D

Keef Monkey

Quote from: SmallBlueThing on 18 November, 2012, 09:54:24 PM
Not my thing- action movies or chop socky. Dont like them. Besides, ive seen Dredd, and that's apparently the same.

SBT

Fair enough, if it's not your thing that's understandable! There had been so many comments online where people were picking sides a little (I love Dredd so won't touch The Raid and vice versa) which I think is a shame for both films as they're both great in their own right.

Rusty

Yeah, for me The Raid starts off exciting. I personally thought that after the first couple of fight scenes, it started to become a chore to watch. The gun battle action at the start delivered the most punch, ironically. No pun intended. Dredd is mostly that sort of stuff, so it wins outright as far as action goes. I grew up watching Jackie Chan's earlier stuff, so the fight sequences that everyone is blowing their wads over online just don't do it for me. They're boring in comparison.

QuickQuag

The views above are entirely my own. And there's the problem.

radiator

This is happening on Friday - woop woop!

Hopefully the atmosphere is going to be good - I saw Jurassic Park at the Prince Charles a few years ago and that was great fun.

radiator

Great fun last night ,all three movies were a blast and it was a great crowd to watch them with. Saw a few familiar faces from the fan screening including a guy sitting towards the back wearing a Judge Mortis t shirt, and weirdly, the guy who I sat next to at the fan screening (whose name escapes me), who it turns out works with a friend I was there with - small world!

COMMANDO FORCES

Glad it went down well. Would've loved to have gone but my nights off are booked up for other things at the moment :'(

radiator

Looks like this is happening again on Friday the 5th of April, if you missed it the first time...

COMMANDO FORCES

Drokk! The night before the Mongoose Dredd Tournament ::)