Main Menu

Favourite scenes from DREDD

Started by COMMANDO FORCES, 27 September, 2012, 06:13:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

malkymac

Quote from: Michaelvk on 27 September, 2012, 07:00:50 PM
Love the gatlings (though the theatre could've been louder..).. The guy who gets it outside the lift (after his mate gets yanked into the lift into gunfire) and who's head explodes always makes me giggle.. Caleb's swan dive & Dredd stalking off into the smoke.. Hotshot..

There's too much to list, really..

That didn't exist in the version I saw  :(

Michaelvk

Quote from: malkymac on 28 September, 2012, 11:22:20 AM

WHAT?? All of that???

No wonder the middle east constantly gets invaded..
You have never felt pain until you've trodden barefoot on an upturned lego brick..

von Boom

Quote from: Link Prime on 27 September, 2012, 11:10:59 PM
Lena Headey was a revelation- that woman is made from polished ice.

She was simply fantastic in her role. I think she was just so casual and matter of fact in her malevolence. It came across as very natural and chilling.

She is very much in danger of becoming a de facto she villain for quite some time.

BPP

Dredd's one word sentences. Every one of them produced a big grin. And the 'Perps were.... uncooperative'.

If I'd known it was harmless I would have killed it myself.

http://futureshockd.wordpress.com/

http://twitter.com/#!/FutureShockd

judge devs

Quote from: Michaelvk on 28 September, 2012, 11:05:55 AM
..the bit between the DNA logo and where they say the stuff about all similarities being coincidences is quite good..

LOL, that is definitely cheating  ;)

judge devs

Personally I think the one bit I enjoyed the most was the perps that Anderson knocks off unarmed after she escapes. It's just the way she knocks guys weapon up under his chin and then unloads into his head just leaving a big smear up the wall.

For my money that is the best kill in the whole movie, although Caleb taking a nose dive is a close second.

There are so many more, but all know that.

judge devs

malkymac

Quote from: Michaelvk on 28 September, 2012, 11:44:39 AM
Quote from: malkymac on 28 September, 2012, 11:22:20 AM

WHAT?? All of that???

No wonder the middle east constantly gets invaded..

Naw - every time there was a threat of something violent happening we got a cut e.g. a loud bang and then a perp lying on the floor. Utter shite.

Danbo

Headbutt!
I actually felt a little uncomfortable about it,seeing Dredd doing what he does.It was the moment I knew that they weren't going to hold back character wise with him full on 110%,such a rare thing nowadays and virtually non existent in comic book movies.

And the Lawmaster,I could have watched that tear around all day.
Let the Dragon ride again on the winds of time.

vzzbux

My fave scene lasts about 90 mins.

V
Drokking since 1972

Peace is a lie, there's only passion.
Through passion, I gain strength.
Through strength I gain power.
Through power, I gain victory.
Through victory, my chains are broken.

Zarjazzer

Hotshot, throwing second in command scumbag off the walkway in view of his friends,so many others  but when Anderson[spoiler] sees the photo of the guy she's just shot in the head [/spoiler]that was truly great moment.Oh and [spoiler]"Drug bust."[/spoiler]
The Justice department has a good re-education programme-it's called five to ten in the cubes.

Molch-R

By the way, did anyone else notice Arthur Ranson's world map from Shamballa on the wall of the classroom?

Steve Green

Yep, I thought it was that - spotted South-Am but wasn't sure it was what I thought it was...

radiator

QuoteBy the way, did anyone else notice Arthur Ranson's world map from Shamballa on the wall of the classroom?

Ha! Amazing.

Mark Taylor

[Dredd Voice, deadpan] It's all my favourite scene.