Main Menu

Need Finn

Started by Marco_Equilibrium, 16 January, 2003, 07:05:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Marco_Equilibrium

Hey everyone, I'm new, kinda.  Well the story cut short is, for some reason I havn't really read 2000 ad since I was about 10. No real reason why, I just havn't.

But to the point, I need to know where I can get hold of the old Finn stories. Now by the sounds of things not many people liked Finn much, So I was wondeing If I could buy anything from anyone?

petemaskreplica

can't help myself, I'm sure someone can though.

Welcome to the board, anyway. This is the best place on the web.

Queen Firey-Bou

Finn was great ! i wonder what he'd be up to nowadays? probably hanging out on this board....

Trout

Welcome, Marco, to my evil domain.

May you have many happy hours enjoying the board and praising your rightful King, who's me.

I will even allow you to like Finn, even though it was pish.

ALL MUST PRAISE THE TROUT FOR HE IS THE OVERLORD!

Capt.Zeep

Was this the same Finn from Crisis?  I've got a bit of a huge gap in my 2k collection (I'm missing most of the issues between 175-1171ish!)
If it's the same one I quite liked him, he was a bit of a smug git eco-warrior but then I think he was supposed to be a bit annoying!

Welcome to the board, earthlet!

Bolt-01

According to TPO in the current meg (202) Finn was 'retired' by Dave Bishop.

That was probably a good thing as the stories were becoming 'Slaine with a gun' in style.

And yes, good cap Zeep. It was the same finn as in WWIII

Rotts

McNulty

"Slaine with a gun." Fair comment - they both were declared Horned Gods and worshipped the Earth Goddess.

I didn't think Finn was too bad, it's just that there was only so many Paganism stories you could read.

Art

As I recall Finn did feature a FN P90 sub machinegun at one point, which has a very cool and innovative sci-fi looking design. So there is some good to be said for it.

paulvonscott

I was suprised to see Finn mentioned in Slaine long before he was in Crisis, or am I being thick and there was a famous historical Finn?

Marco_Equilibrium

Thanks for the big welcome guys. I really liked what I had read of Finn though. I didn't read much of slain, so thats probably hy I didn't get sick of the paganism bit.

He was just different I thought.  Similar to Slain, but still in a league of his own compared to other anti heroes.

Quirkafleeg

Huckleberry Finn of course....!

And of course Finn McCool aka Fionn MacCumhain aka errr Slaine

Devons Daddy

FINN
was from plymouth.drove a taxi. based in crownhill.
the story went a bit off track sadly.he was a good idea which did not quite get it together in the end.modern day eco warrior with roots in pagan legends as noted a bit to close to slaine in the end.
was never really seroius or really funny. and not really anywhere inbetween.
sadly.
worth checking out though.great art and good base. retirement was  correct in the end though.
I AM VERY BUSY!
PJ Maybe and I use the same dictionary, live with it.

NO 2000ad no life!