Main Menu

The youth of today

Started by The Enigmatic Dr X, 29 January, 2003, 05:23:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Yoda

"He's probably thinking of Judge Deed, starring Martin Shaw."

Or Judge Judy. On the subject of Dr Who, did anyone see that sketch show on tv a couple of weeks ago (sorry don't know the name) where some comedian was dressed up as Tom Baker's Dr and was filmed with a hidden camera in various public places (one being the London Eye)? Absolutely hilarious!!

Smiley

Nobody's said "and the music they listen to is crap, just goes duh-duh-duh" yet. Tsk! Boarders today, *mutter* no respect for tradition *grumble*.

ALI2003

SIMPLY PUT BEST EPISODE"S EVER!WHAT MORE COULD YOU POSSIBLY WANT,EXCEPT FROM THE OBLIGATORY GORE, DEATH,MINDLESS DESTRUCTION OF PROPERTY AND OR THE OBLIGATORY FLASH OF FLESH WHICH IS SO AMPLY PROVIDED BY DURHAM RED.THE ONLY WOMAN WHO,WHEN THE WORD SUCK IS SAID SENDS MEN RUNNING FOR THE HILLS;AS OPPPOSED TO RUNNING TOWARDS A HOT LEATHER CLAD WOMAN.NOW WE COME TO DREDD THE LONG ARM OF THE LAW WHO WOULD SOONER SUIT YOU FOR JAYWALKING,FOR IN FACT BEING IN A COMATOSE STATE AFTER A MUGGING THEN GO THROUGH THE PAPER WORK OF YOUR MUGGING.YOU GOTTA LOVE HIM AND OR IT  

Aaron Smurf Murphy

Bou...

...Yes, we ARE hedonistic (todays youth folks, corrupt and vomiting fast food and crap booze) i'll admit but oiks? Not all of us are like that. I try not to be but in youth society any one who tries or does break the mould and avoids t and into any social/culture group in stereo typical fashion is labelled "gay".

...And I live in an extremely narrow minded town where these youths are mostly sexist, racist and homophobic as well a bigots. So the truth is 80% of us are hypocritical, ignorant, contradicting oiks.

Makes yer wanna wep don't it folks?

Finnigan Sinister

Queen Firey-Bou

soory Finn, i wasn't really being serious about the youth of today cos thats a big subject, about as big as the current socio-economic, cultural political place that they live in right now. By Oik i was venting my rage at my own son, who has smashed my cooker beyond repair today in a fit of rage, because I don't like underage teenagers puking on my floor & using this as a drug hang out. I have a lot of sympathy for the youth of today, & am a very lenient parent & try to treat all the teens that pass my door as equal human beings. sadly this is often thrown back in my face, like today.

Quirkafleeg

Actually they've show a couple of Laurel and Hardy's very recently, which i managed to miss or tape, along with doc on Stan which I caught the end of...

At the end of this life, after Hardy died, Stan retried to Florida and spent his time answering his fan mail personally. He also spent a lot of time browsing stationary. He was in a shop with his son...
Shop assistant:"Sorry, I think I know you... wer'nt you in movies."
Stan: "That's right"
Assistant: "Ah yes a double act?"
Stan: "That's right, I'm Oliver Hardy"
Assistant: "I knew it! What happened to the other one, Laurel"
Stan (deadpan) "Oh I'm sorry to say he went quite balmy"

Class.

Demon Chicken

".. even 18 year olds should have been watching McCoy Who? surely?"

I surely do, albeit not very well, BUT I do remember it!

Quirkafleeg

Ahh but did'nt they repeat some episodes after 89?

McNulty

Doctor Who is on UK Gold now. So the youth of today have no excuse.

Personally, I started watching when Tom Baker was the Doctor. He was the best. And I liked K-9 and Leela, his sexy Amazon companion.

Link: http://www.users.totalise.co.uk/~rjamieson/Cal-Hab/index.html" target="_blank">The A-Z of Cal-Hab

almighty mat

++Why would anyone who wasn't a dedicated Who fan watch the McCoy epiodes? And even they would only watch it out of misguided pity.++

I quite LIKED Mcoy as a youngster, even tho' the stories were kinda pants, Mcoy was suitably eccentric aftre the silliness of Colin Baker fighting Bertie basset, and peter Davidson running round in cricket costume (eccentric or just plain crap?).
And his sidekick was called Ace and had a GHETTO BLASTER!! How cool is that?!

mat

Art

And his sidekick was called Ace and had a GHETTO BLASTER!! How cool is that?!

Er, as it turns out not very cool at all. I saw a rerun featuring her and could barely constrain myslef from kicking in the screen each time she used a peice of misguided yoof-speak.

Adrian Bamforth

The Fifth Doctor 1980-84

ADE

The Monarch

kill me if you want but i didn't really like dr who all that much.

Slippery PD

Me neither and I dont like star trek nor Star  wars that much....  So if your hated what does that make me?????

yer "controversial" slippo

almighty mat

Good lord man, what the hell were you doing watching it as a grown-up? You'll be finding out that the A-Team REALLY never shot anyone next!

You can never go back.

mat