Main Menu

Bou's in the papers again.....

Started by Queen Firey-Bou, 13 February, 2003, 11:52:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Queen Firey-Bou

So did anybody see the most flattering press photo to date of me ? (pouts) why not ? we got a whole half page spread in the West Highland Free Press we did. Boo Hoo its not on their web site for me to link yous to . all about us preparing for the big Rally on Saturday. what we didn't tell em is that the engine nearly fell out after the photo call, & the car is still in bits. fingers crossed that we ain't front page in next weeks wrapped around a tree.

pah I'm so goddam famous me.

Capt.Zeep

Is there no end to your quest for danger??
Careful, now :)

Queen Firey-Bou

Pah... not that any of you comixgeeks care, but We managed to complete the Snowman Rally today, with no crashes & only one near mechanical disaster. Theres no photos of us on net yet , but some of the front runners linked below.

please not the picture with deep snow rather that the nice friendly sunny pictures. the low sum blinded. the tracks were polished permafrosts. It was extreem & fantastic. we started 92 & ended 54th. many crashed big style, many didn't make it.

don't watch football its bollox, watch rallys instead.

still in provan racing suit Bou'

Link: http://www.britishrally.co.uk/pictures/snowman2003.asp" target="_blank">lucky gits with expensive cars win races

Capt.Zeep

the low sum blinded. the tracks were polished permafrosts. It was extreem & fantastic. we started 92 & ended 54th. many crashed big style, many didn't make it.

Sounds like beeg fun!  My hurtling through snowy woods on a quad seems oddly tame now.  Bah! :)
Good on yer, firey one!

Queen Firey-Bou

Thanks zeepster,

so you'd think i'd deserve a Sunday lie in after that wouldn't you?

yes you would... how exhausted was i after the Rally ? about a million, so imagine my joy at a fire call 7.30am.....

A major house fire , took 8 hours to fight, great was to relax on a sunday....

*must sleeeppppp*

Queen Firey-Bou

May i be further allowed to indulge in off-topicness & adventure stories? since there has been no time for chat tales....

you know how Ive been running around like crazy & really needed a dull couple of days to recover from the extreem rigours that has been Feburary?

well nope. I spent all yesterday fighting a hill fire burning across applecross estate. 5 brigades , helicopters & police.......

****** well i got to this point in this post when another call out came********

Day 2; same mountain had spread covering whole applecross peninsula, 2 sections of regenerated woodland gone. me & My Rally driver collegue saved (well i like to think so) a small village, the fire had got to quarter of a mile from & moving fast. we got it out. we were supposed to get helicoptered into the hills but a change of plan left me disappointedly un-helicoptered. but later on the head honcho let me go on a free copter jolly to drop a food parcel up to the hill crew. speechless ! awesome !!!!!! fire & smoke & 1000ft one moment & banking into flames the next. PHoarrrrrr it doesn't get better than this !!
sadly i left my crew up there & got a lift back 'cos ive got to do pottery teaching shortly. boo sucks, i know what i prefer !

every muscle, down to little pinkys aches. & i am soooo sooooty ! & have a bad case of 'flash hood' hair. still theres a nice sunset from here to skye to hebrides from the smoke pall.

xx adventured Bou'

Capt.Zeep

Cue Crazy World of Arthur Brown:

"Fiyahhh...I'll teach you to burn!"