Main Menu

The February Winner!

Started by DavidXBrunt, 14 February, 2003, 04:58:22 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

DavidXBrunt

Happy Valentines folks!

The winner will be anounced soon, by a guest judge of some renown...reknown....renkown...stature.

So it only leaves me to say thanks for entering, some good choices. Surprised no-one suggested Judge Brunt and Judge Hershey. Perfect couple if you ask me...

The prize is a signed Jock print, thanks to Jock for donating that.

You can also choose between a piece of original Mike Collins art from the Daily Star Dredd (Cass Anderson and a Hydra) or a signed copy of Prog 1280 - the Silver anniversary prog! The droids who vandalised the prog by name scrawling are Frazer Irving, John Higgins, Steve Yeowell, Jock, Simon Fraser and John Wagner.

I'm sure we'll do something like this again. Unless people send me e-mails saying 'cease and desist'. I get a lot of those...

DavidXBrunt

Ahem, gather round...

(dxb passes the imaginary gold envelope to Jock and leaves the podium to await the winner)

jock

dude, it won't be till lunchtime I'm afraid... I've got deadlines  hanging around me like a fishmongers (or something)

it'll also give some time for people to get their bribes in.... ; )

Only jokin'

J

Devons Daddy

i cant skive off work for an entire hour!
well maybe i can.ok i will drop by later.

by the way.when you said a judge of such stature, i never dreamed for a moment you would be able to get the GREATEST ARTIST TO EVER DRAW FOR TOOTH SINCE CARLOS,GIBSON AND BOLLAND,
i mean WOW,

i sent him so many  paypal messages as well.i hope he has had time to open his mail

(if you are going to grovel do it well.):~>
I AM VERY BUSY!
PJ Maybe and I use the same dictionary, live with it.

NO 2000ad no life!

Wils

Pfft! If you were *really* a hardcore groveller, you'd offer to be his 'bitch', accompanied by candid polaroids of you wearing nothing but a gimp mask and half a pound of butter.

jock

Okay....

Special mentions first-

Demon Chicken, as he's probably right about Dredd and Alpha.

Judge Fett for Joe Pineapples and Blackblood, for the same reason.

Kracajac, for Chopper and America- cause it kinda feels right.

Devon's Daddy, for scrounging. (what's this about paypal emails though? how can i pick those up??)

UKDane- for Rico/Vienna

A special mention must also go to Gordon for planting a vision of Hershey with a strap on in my head....BUT

B
r
d
r
r
r
r
r
r
r
r
r
r
r
r
r
r
r
r
r
r
r
r
r
r
r
(drum roll)
r
r
r
r
r
r
r
r
r
r
r
r
r
r
r
r
r

*kish*

The winner is.....

WILS  for the Gronk and Wulf- not for the pairing but for the split up.

Nice one. Happy stick indeed...

Congrats to one and all who took part.

WOW....WOWEEE WOW...

Who'd a thought it....me...here etc.
(obscure Christopher Walken reference)

Cheers

Jock

Devons Daddy

well deserved that man.
CLAP CLAP CLAP CLAP CLAP.
it was very very funny.we should place it in the script test section.

thoug i now believe after reading Jocks rational for selection that the bribe by Wils seems to be about correct.
I AM VERY BUSY!
PJ Maybe and I use the same dictionary, live with it.

NO 2000ad no life!

ukdane

Well done Wils, told you you'd win, now... who's gonna draw that strip  :-)
Cheers

-Daney

Oddboy

Better set your phaser to stun.

Queen Firey-Bou

DAAA DAAA Wils ! (damn he can't hear me thru the throng on blonds in bikinis with champagne....) "Congrats Wils, i knew that filthy mind would get you places"

Malchidiel

Congrats Wils, well deserved.

Joolz

The Monarch

Slippery PD

Id like to say "well done" Wills but Im disturbed by the amount of sexual violence that seems to be eminating from the tale.  Personally I think you need help :-)

Either that or Im jealous I didnt think of it first, "happy Stick" indeed....

Yer "Jealous" Slippo

karne

An excellent, if not obvious choice.I was going to enter this compy till I saw Wils entry and realised that nothing could top it.

Wils

Cheers, gang. Glad everyone liked it.

The strip version will be drawn sometime after Comics2003.

Wils (doing a happy dance)

btw,Jock. You can keep the polaroids. ;)