Doom Patrol

Started by JudgeBriggs, 14 February, 2003, 07:42:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

GordonR

Take a closer look, my friend.

That ain't no woman...

Jared Katooie

I will say this as a warning to any Morrison or Ellis fan:

What Morrison/Ellis starts off Millar will finish.

Be warned...

J.

GermanAndy

Morrisons Doom Patrol was great.

Totally bizarr, surreal, the stories ranging from great parodies - like Issue 31, a genuine funny parody of all things Hellblazer and weird things "I knew that the Cult of the Unwritten Book was still active in the area. This morning everyone in the city had forgotten his or her telephone number for fifteen minutes, that?s one of the signs" - to creepy stuff. And his last issue was a definite ending for the series.

The trade shows how radical a gifted writer can take a tired and boring group concept and change it for the better. Imho this was some of Morrisons best writing, a test for his Invisibles which sadly never got as good. The trade collects the first seven issues.

The Pollock stuff after issue 75 avoid at all cost. *g*

Trout

I would like to point out Pollack was allowed to write Doom Patrol after badgering the editorial staff THROUGH THE LETTERS COLUMN for ages.

That's the wrong way to get a comics job, IMO. You should never turn up in the lettercol first.

Mr Spurrier?

:-) Heh, heh, heh.

- Trout

satchmo

I remember her letters,they were awful,sycophantic gibberish,always going on about wanting to write the comic.When I found out she really was taking over from Morrison I thought it was a joke.I always thought she was a youngish goth type,but looking at her website I was clearly mistaken.

Quirkafleeg

Never appear in the letter col before you appear in the comic propper... do both at the same time!

heh heh heh

DavidXBrunt

The current series is very good indeed. You might be vaguely interested to know that as part of the current tale they've wiped out everything post Morrison, so that all the Pollack stuff was just a dream.

Same thing was done with all the post Morrison Animal Man stuff as well.

Yoda

Morrison's New X-Men is a must read but I'll never forgive Quitely for what he did to Jean (although Emma Frost never looked better). His art in New X-Men was one of the most talked about changes in X-Men for years. You either love it or hate it. I may be in the minority but it's the only Morrison stuff I've read that I actually liked.

mongor2003

Bought the first two New X-Men graphic novels the other day, you're all right - fooking brilliant stuff.