Main Menu

Mega City Book Club - a new podcast about 2000AD books

Started by Eamonn Clarke, 23 May, 2016, 08:59:38 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

sheridan

Hopefully we'll be able to make it to the Eastern Contingent as well!

SpaceSpinner2000

It's always a good time when podcast worlds collide!
2000 AD recap podcast, from the beginning!
Check out the show here! Or on iTunes, Google Play, or your preferred podcast app!

JayzusB.Christ

Sweet! I've been binging on both of your podcasts at work lately
"Men will never be free until the last king is strangled with the entrails of the last priest"

Colin YNWA

Wow I mean i normally really enjoy this podcast but you are on fire at the moment. That chat with Mark McDermott is just wonderful. The passion that comes out of that chaps glorious stories. I could listen to him chat all night. And some of this artwork - well just astonishing of course. I'm not the biggest fan of Stan and Jack's FF (I know, I know call myself a comics fan - I much prefer Jack's DC work freed of Stan... anyway...) but that page is burnt onto the back of my retinas. Just amazing and its hard to imagine it being own by someone more deserving.

Poor ol' Fox has got a lot to live up to!

Colin YNWA

Actually just looked again at his Comic Art Gallery and noticed that some of the wonderful stuff there - in fact the majority - has been stolen and never recovered. That's so rubbish!

Eamonn Clarke

Paul Trimble from the Enniskillen comic fest is my guest to discuss the brutal and uncompromising Darkie's Mob by John Wagner and Mike Western. Not a comic for the faint hearted.

In your podcasts app or on my blog at
https://megacitybookclub.blogspot.com/2021/04/154-darkies-mob.html

This episode is respectfully dedicated to the memory of Colin Noble.

JayzusB.Christ

Looking forward to this one. Cripes, but Darkie's Mob was grim for a kids' comic. The Christmas amputation was particularly non - festive.
"Men will never be free until the last king is strangled with the entrails of the last priest"

Eamonn Clarke

Thanks for all the positive comments about the podcast, guys. Much appreciated.
As a perfect sequel to Darkie's Mob, Bad Company is up next.

In the meantime here is a Mike Western grail page for Paul Trimble.

Bolt-01

Darkies Mob is glorious. I'd never read it till it ran in the Meg a good few years ago so reading it then with several episodes at a time I really appreciated the glorious Mike Western art.

Jim_Campbell

Quote from: Eamonn Clarke on 25 April, 2021, 08:29:14 AM
Paul Trimble from the Enniskillen comic fest is my guest to discuss the brutal and uncompromising Darkie's Mob by John Wagner and Mike Western. Not a comic for the faint hearted.

Another cracking episode. I've ordered a copy of that Titan hardcover now, so my bank balance and creaking bookshelves probably aren't as appreciative as I am. :)
Stupidly Busy Letterer: Samples. | Blog
Less-Awesome-Artist: Scribbles.

Eamonn Clarke

Roland Ungoed-Thomas returns to chat about the Horned God audiobook, and then the much requested prog classic Bad Company by Milligan, Ewins and McCarthy.

A useful follow up to the Darkie's Mob episode.

In your podcast app or listen on the website at
https://megacitybookclub.blogspot.com/2021/05/155-bad-company.html

JayzusB.Christ

Cool.  I bought the Horned God audiobook when it came out - it'll be interesting to see what other squaxx made of it.  Also, I loved Bad Company.  I kind of based my look on the characters, even if I look more like Thrax than Danny these days.