Main Menu

Star Wars DL-44 Resin Blaster Kit

Started by Krakajac, 17 July, 2016, 05:46:28 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Krakajac

EDIT - apologies for the photos not displaying fully.  They resize on every other forum.  :(

Off topic, to be sure - but it's all sci-fi.  :)

Purchased the rather excellent Planet Replicas Mark 1 Lawgiver some years ago - and it sits proudly in the man-cave.

Thought I'd try my hand at making a resin kit of Solo's famous blaster.  Purchased the following resin kit from the UK.  As many of you will know, the DL-44 is based on a real-world C96 Mauser.  Strict firearm laws in Oz prevented me from utilising a replica Mauser for the build.  Happily, the resin kit was of excellent quality.  Here's some pics...

The kit itself...not much cleaning up required.  Note that this kit is based on the ANH version of the blaster (there's three additional variants available).

All primed up...

Working on the scope assembly...

Trying to make the resin grips look a bit like wood...

And the finished product.  A very satisfying build all round!  I painted the muzzle a slightly different colour (german grey) to match the original prop.  I believe the correct term for this colour difference is 'parkerized'.

Blaster was essentially spray-painted with Tamiya Metallica Black, then weathered with aluminium/copper paints and finished off with weathering pastels.

And the other side (sorry, it's a bit out-of-focus)

I have an E-11 Stormtrooper blaster resin kit on the way - but currently having some dramas with Australian Customs (still hopeful I will receive it down the track).  Can't wait to get started on it!

Zenith 666

Beautiful build and your painting and weathering skills are top notch.Does the model not come with a display stand.

Krakajac

"Does the model not come with a display stand?"

Unfortunately, no.  It's a good idea though - and I don't imagine too difficult to construct.