Main Menu

Churches and stuff.

Started by El Spurioso, 11 March, 2003, 09:00:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

El Spurioso

Help!

I shan't go too far into reasons because they are mulifarious and boring, but I could *really* do with some help:  what I'm after is a reference to a 2000AD story from the last five years in which a large panel (or splash page) shows the interior of a church or cathedral.  The grander, the better.

Any ideas?  Many thanks in advance.

-si

paulvonscott

There was a church in the Cursed Earth story I think, the one where Satanus visited. Dredd climbs up to find pterodactyls in the belfry.  The church doesn't figure much though.

Shame I have such a pants memory.

Mk13

Dante's probably your safest bet - didn't Return of the Gentleman Thief start off in a church full of sexy nuns?

mongor2003

I'm sure Cannon Fodder must have had churchs in it (being about psycho vicars and everything) and chances are they'll be pretty elaborate and gothic looking (being drawn by Chris Weston and everything)

paulvonscott

Also Nemesis Titan Book Seven, has the inquisition, there is a big exterior pic of a cathedral.

In Strontium Dog, the Final Solution I think there are a few internal scenes in Westminister Cathedral.

Excuse the noise, that's the brain being racked.

Oddboy

Anderson PSI "Reasons to be Cheerful" in the Megazine
Better set your phaser to stun.

Slippery PD

Carver Hale when he goes to see that woman IIRC.

Yer "slaaaaag" Slippo

Smiley

As Mongor said, it's probably Canon Fodder. Possibly that fab full page panel of his wagon smashing into St. Pauls (?) at the start the second series.

The only other churchy 2000AD thing that springs to mind is the latter Tyranny Rex stories.

Art

...but the church in Carver Hale was deconsecrated, and in Luton as well, thus making it doubly damned.

Didn't SMS(?) do some cathedrally stuff for The Black Hole?

Quirkafleeg

It's not 2000AD but there's a load of stuff set in churches in that thing about killing god than Ennis did in Crisis...

Queen Firey-Bou

wasn't there sommat set in the undercity with anderson, big church & gargoyles n stuff, drawn by mr ransom? or does my mind lie completely

Smiley

You're right. That Anderson was in the Meg IIRC. Can't remember the story though. Think it was a one-off episode.

This was the splash from Canon Fodder. Likely irrelevant, but still rocks big time :)http://members.aol.com:/roguesmiley/canon.jpg">

El Spurioso

Many thanks for all the help folks - like I said, it really needs to be within the past 5 years as that's as far as my collection extends.

I'll check out Carver Hale and Dante.  Ta.

Smiley

Duh, I remember now. Cass offs some vampire-angel fellah and goes all moody after realising he's the last of his kind. Bleedin' liberal.

longmanshort

After getting to know SMS I'd say it was certain he did some churchy stuff! Will ask him tomorrow.
+++ implementing rigid format protocols +++ meander mode engaged +++