Main Menu

Dredd DVD extras

Started by Mangamax, 17 March, 2003, 04:52:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mangamax

Has there ever been a reason given for why my French version has a making of, interviews with Jason Kingsley, Alan Barnes and Dominic Preston, interactive comics by Jock, Flint and Ezquerra and even a Dredd pinball game, while the UK and US have nowt like it?
From what Dominic says about being pleased that this re-release of the DVD being timed for the 25th anniversary, you get the impression that it was meant for a larger release - so what gives?
The perspective on that chairs all wrong

Mk13

The French DVD all the extras simply because they wanted to include a load of extras in their release and other territories did not.

As far as I know, there were never any plans to include the same extras in other editions.

paulvonscott

Judge Dredd was quite a big film really, I have a suspicion the studios will eventually get around to releasing some other version of it.  Based on the usual pattern of dvd releases...  

1. One with no extras
2. One with Extras
3. One with more extras, in a box with a soundtrack, film cells, and pieces of fuff collected from the set during filming.

Almost, but not quite tempted to get the french (version or any other).  I assume any extras like commentaries would happen when the people involved feel it was long enough in the past that they can talk about it.

Mangamax

Hey Paul, we're off to France in a few weeks so i can pick one up for you if you like.

paulvonscott

I WOULD like to see it actually.  Give me a day or two of nail chewing and I'll let you know :)

Mangamax

Sure thing Paul - send me an email if you decide to.