Main Menu

The PARAGON comic thread

Started by Daveycandlish, 24 April, 2017, 03:14:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Daveycandlish

Has it really been so long since the last issue?!

But the wait is over and #21 is well on the way - be sure to grab yourself a copy to read Cushing & Sons - Monster Hunters! By Mark Howard and Scott Twells

An old-school, no-bullshit, boys-own action/adventure comic reminiscent of the 2000ads and Eagles and Warlords and Battles and other glorious black-and-white comics that were so, so cool in the 70's and 80's - Buy the hardback Christmas Annual!

Daveycandlish

The adventures of Bulldog continue, written as always by Jason Cobley, with our very own Dunk! taking over on art duties form the late, great Stephen Prestwood and lettered by Jim Campbell

An old-school, no-bullshit, boys-own action/adventure comic reminiscent of the 2000ads and Eagles and Warlords and Battles and other glorious black-and-white comics that were so, so cool in the 70's and 80's - Buy the hardback Christmas Annual!

Greg M.

Stephen is of course a tough act to follow, but it looks like Dunk! is doing an excellent job. Looking forward to this story.

Daveycandlish

Dunk! has done an absolutely bang on job and I can't wait to get it out there for everyone to see.

Our cover story is another adventure for Cushing & Sons - Monster Hunters

by the fantastically talented trio of Mark Howard, Scott Twells and Patrick Brown

The Legendary Shark

Really looking forward to this!
[move]~~~^~~~~~~~[/move]

Bolt-01

I'm just working my way through this years annual and really enjoyed Sharky's Jikan story. Loads more to read as well!

The Legendary Shark

Thanks, Bolt, that's very kind of you to say :)

[move]~~~^~~~~~~~[/move]

Daveycandlish

Cheers Bolt - and there's even more Jikan adventures in this issue, also written by Mark Howard

The time-travelling, demon-hunting samurai begins a three part adventure, Broken Window, illustrated by Ross Bamfylde

Daveycandlish

Here's a strip making it's debut that I'm particularly proud of;

Brahms and Liszt - Wotan Walks in Weimar
Written by Greg Meldrum and illustrated in an Herge style by Dave Candlish
Coloured by Jim Cameron and lettered by Filip Roncone

I can't wait to finally see this in print and you can order your copy right now

https://www.paypal.com/cgi-bin/webscr?cmd=_s-xclick&hosted_button_id=MFQK93TYRCH48

Daveycandlish

This splendid publication launches this week and you can read writer Greg Meldrum's latest blog post about his new creation here;

http://hisowndrum.blogspot.co.uk/2017/12/drunk-enough-to-know-no-fear-genesis-of.html

Buy a copy - support your local small press!

Daveycandlish

I love this strip so much I thought I'd share the first couple of pages with you so you can see how good it is; Tintin inspired art and the story is a buddy movie in comic form - the two classical composers combine forces to solve a supernatural murder mystery. I mean, what's not to love?

And if you like what you see and want to read the rest, why not buy a copy?
https://www.paypal.com/cgi-bin/webscr?cmd=_s-xclick&hosted_button_id=MFQK93TYRCH48

SUPPORT YOUR LOCAL SMALL PRESS!

Daveycandlish

Now available as a downloadable pdf for less than a quid! Why would you not want to read such a brilliant all action adventure anthology?

lhttp://www.lulu.com/shop/paragon-comic/paragon-21-download/ebook/product-23444387.html

Daveycandlish

Print copies have arrived and they look gorgeous!
Why not grab yourself a copy - click the link and buy one!

Daveycandlish

Any reviewers in these here parts willing to cast an eye over the latest issue?

Daveycandlish

Okay chaps I need your help. If you are reading this then you have probably read the  PARAGON comic threads or you may have read an issue previously. Hopefully you've enjoyed it or enjoyed what what you've seen here.  As I write I have given out more contributor comps of this issue than I've sold. And that is disheartening considering how much effort goes into producing an issue. To not even have made double figures in sales makes me feel it isn't worth that effort. I think it's a great comic, people who give me feedback tell me similar. Hopefully you do, too.

If they grew up reading British comics in the 70s and 80s and still read comics then this will be for them. The fact that the Treasury Collection editions of Misty, Faceache, One Eyed Jack and Leopard from Lime Street from Rebellion seem to did so well tells me there is an audience out there if only I could reach it.
So please, help spread the word. Buy a copy yourself and see how the publication has evolved since last you read an issue.
Without your help to increase the audience I don't think I'll carry on with it, which is a crying shame as there are some wonderful scripts and art lined up for future issues.