Main Menu

Prog 2151 - The Dark Side Of The Moon!

Started by NapalmKev, 28 September, 2019, 11:19:20 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

NapalmKev

Wraparound Defoe cover by Stewart Kenneth Moore. The ship and cityscape below looks pretty good.

Droid Life by Cat Sullivan.

Dredd - carries on in great style. Top stuff!

Defoe - The Divisor, Part 2. Reek-Light episode, and all the better for it. The artwork doesn't seem to be everyone's cup of tea but, for the most part, I like it. Clock-work man looks particularly excellent, drawn in exquisite detail.

Brink - Hate Box, part 2. This is a thrill I run hot and cold on. The end of the last series was interesting enough but now we're back to talking heads which isn't to my taste. It all seems a bit like a soap opera rather than a space opera, IMO. Others love the strip and that's fine.

Hope - Under Fire, part 2. I loved the first series of Hope and so far this one is shaping up to be of at least equal quality, if not better! Is it just me or does Alberto Modi look like John Wayne? Excellent panel layouts and lettering. This and Dredd would be tied for top thrill if not for...

Deadworld - Doomed, part 2. This strip has become one of my all-time Prog favorites. Apparently you can kill that which does not live but I reckon old Sydney isn't quite finished yet. Stunning artwork as always!

There's half a letters page and an advert for The Fall Of Deadworld - Red Mosquito by Matthew Smith.

Cheers

"Where once you fought to stop the trap from closing...Now you lay the bait!"

broodblik

When I die, I want to die like my grandfather who died peacefully in his sleep. Not screaming like all the passengers in his car.

Old age is the Lord's way of telling us to step aside for something new. Death's in case we didn't take the hint.

73north

sadly - yet again No Prog arrived for me .
So no review yet .

Darren Stephens

I hear the 'Eastenders' theme in my head, every time I see the rear of that cover.... :D
https://www.dscomiccolours.com
                                       CLICK^^

Colin YNWA

Good Prog.

Dredd was always going to be a little after the lord mayors show after the power of last week but this sets the upcoming story up really well.

Defoe is pretty much exacty as last week, which is a little disappointing.

Brink is pretty much exactly as last week, which is astonishingly good. The return of Bridget looking angrily over the pile of papers is just perfection. Wonderful episode.

Hope is brutal in the best way.

Deadworld is hideous in the good way.

So even carrying a duffer this is a very good Prog back slaps all round droids, now back to work.

Geoff

Dredd and Hope carry the prog for me, I'm sure Brink will be good but it's still only warming up again after its absence...

Batman's Superior Cousin

I can't help but feel that Godpleton's avatar/icon gets more appropriate everyday... - TordelBack
Texts from Last Night

73north

Prog finally arrived today ( Monday ) overall I really enjoyed it

Judge Dredd - a continuation of a great story from John Wagner - its getting better and better !

Defoe - The Divisor, Part 2.
The artwork has settled down and above all , you can clearly work out what is happening -
the story itself is very good from Pat Mills and I look forward to it next week.

Brink - Hate Box, part 2.
The first episode now has the rookie joined up with our heroine and I am sure things will hot up soon
( I like the Talking heads style - its a nice change and cerebral )

Hope - Under Fire, part 2.
Just very good story telling that happens to have sublime artwork , one of the top stories in the prog

Deadworld - Doomed, part 2.
I also agree with others that along with Jaegir - This strip has become one of my most favoured stories . I also agree that Dave Kendall , has produced great artwork yet again !
overall Prog Marks - 4 and half out of 5

Link Prime

Quote from: Darren Stephens on 28 September, 2019, 07:17:29 PM
I hear the 'Eastenders' theme in my head, every time I see the rear of that cover.... :D

Reeekyyy!

paddykafka

[/quote

Agreed. The front cover should have portrayed a Zombie Barbara Windsor roaring: "Get ourra' my pub!"

Frank

Quote from: Link Prime on 01 October, 2019, 11:54:27 AM

Reeekyyy!

Bianca-a-a-a    (makes baleful expression)

Tiplodocus

Be excellent to each other. And party on!

Proudhuff

Dredd Classic Wagner, mad droids and a firefight while setting up the rest of the tale, all with top drawer drawing!

Defoe Slightly muddled, but enjoyable stuff

Brink Enjoying this too, some nice use of colour and as mentioned the escapr hatch was well done.

Hope Up there with Dredd for me, and yes he's supposed to look like The Duke.

Deadworld isnt my cuppa but a couple of nice easter eggs there...

And half a letters page but no Butt'man  :D
DDT did a job on me

broodblik

When I die, I want to die like my grandfather who died peacefully in his sleep. Not screaming like all the passengers in his car.

Old age is the Lord's way of telling us to step aside for something new. Death's in case we didn't take the hint.