Main Menu

Meg 426: blocking move!

Started by The Monarch, 17 November, 2020, 02:04:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Monarch

no prog but i did get my meg today still to read it but yes the 2000ad encyclopedia covers a certain priest patrol member this time round so thats worth the early post of this....will add more as i read it

Timothy

Too early for Soul Sisters, surely...

IndigoPrime

I read about half of mine last night. Judge Dredd was wrapped up pretty quickly. Feels like America is still Wagner's turf at this point. A nice enough tale, but I hope he writes some more soon. Megatropolis is having Elseworlds larks, but also throws something new and intriguing into the mix. [spoiler]Check out the gun design[/spoiler]. Dreadnoughts continues to be terrifyingly on the nose, showcasing in stark fashion how rapidly a country can irrevocably change for the worse.

M.I.K.

I got my copy through the door earlier, not only bent down the middle by the postman in spite of the "PLEASE DO NOT BEND!" message, but also with a rubber band around it. Fortunately, the brunt of the bendage seems to have been borne by an extra copy of part 2 of the 2000 AD encyclopedia. Tharg the all-knowing has clearly pre-empted the Royal Mail's wanton attack.

IndigoPrime

Our current postie seems to delight in folding comics in half, shoving them into the letterbox and leaving them, the miserable sod. (We don't tend to have the same one for long, fortunately, and I hope his replacement is better.)

broodblik

When I die, I want to die like my grandfather who died peacefully in his sleep. Not screaming like all the passengers in his car.

Old age is the Lord's way of telling us to step aside for something new. Death's in case we didn't take the hint.

broodblik

When I die, I want to die like my grandfather who died peacefully in his sleep. Not screaming like all the passengers in his car.

Old age is the Lord's way of telling us to step aside for something new. Death's in case we didn't take the hint.

Tomwe

Nice cover. Tim Napper is new to the world of Dredd, yes?

Something Fishy

No prog or meg here yet. Hope it comes soon.  We've been lucky how regular these have been during the pandemic.

Colin YNWA

Well my digital sub means no extended wait for the Meg at least and what a Meg it is, again.

The cover is utterly striking. I'm not sure I like it but, its a strong interesting image and should be commended for that.

Inside barely a mistep. Dredd Wagner delivers an utter blinder and Beeny is clearly being set up for some very interesting developments. Dan Cornwell delievers a blinder. I was sure why Chris Blyth's colours were so sharp and bright in the first scene... until... and then you know he's played a blinder! Just a fantastic story.

Flip the page to Megatropolis and we get another fantastic story. This episode just builds things up to quite an astonish level. Its been good up to now, here it pitches to the next level. Just superb. David Taylor is as masterful as ever.

Flip the page and Dreadnoughts rattles along to keep the fantastic stories coming. Again wonderful craft, gripping tale, stupendous art. What's not to love.

Flip past the text pieces (just okay this month) and we get to fantastic story number 4 with The Returners. I've always enjoyed this, if the second story lost me a little. Here though no need for re-read (though it will be a pleasure) its great stuff. And have to say Nicolo Assirellli is getting better and better and this is probably his best yet... and flip the page...

... yep you got it ANOTHER fantastic story, Deliverance just... ready, you ready for it... delievers, creepy murderous and then a great little set up to pull you into next week. Brilliant stuff.

The encyclopedia continues to frustrate. The design is better but still leaves questions about layout and use of space. Predictably there are most that level you aghast at the entry selection as well. All sorts of character pages which are fun and particularly some obsure(ish) Dredd characters but Ramone Dexter does get a page - really. Very odd.

Still the meat of this comic is just superb. Absolutely superb. In normal circumstance you might be concerned how well the next issue will read when you lose Wagner Dredd but heck the rest of the stories are soooo strong I think we'll barely notice.

Bolt-01

Yeah, the Meg is seriously on form right now. Switch Deliverance for Lawless and I think that it would be just about... perfect.

broodblik

Quote from: Bolt-01 on 19 November, 2020, 08:48:26 AM
Yeah, the Meg is seriously on form right now. Switch Deliverance for Lawless and I think that it would be just about... perfect.

Agree but I will only switch Returners with Lawless and try to keep Wagner on Dredd

JayzusB.Christ

The Meg is definitely on form here.  I stopped buying for years, but then was intrigued by the promise of a Wagner Dredd and an Elseworlds Dredd.  And it's paid off - l'm buying again.  Long may this level of quality last.
"Men will never be free until the last king is strangled with the entrails of the last priest"

Fenscape

The floppy is a massive disappointment - at least the third time over the years putting this rubbish into print when the best place is online. Its total toss and a complete rip off too. Sod off Tharg.

Jim_Campbell

Nineteen posts in nine years and every single one of them about how disappointed/angry/upset you are. Can you show me on the doll where Tharg hurt you?
Stupidly Busy Letterer: Samples. | Blog
Less-Awesome-Artist: Scribbles.