Main Menu

Boo Cook or Kev O’Neill - Artists Ryder Cup Current vs Classic - Tie 4

Started by Colin YNWA, 06 May, 2021, 06:17:57 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rogue Judge

Kev 3: Boo 2

Classic will be the winner of this round.  I've always thought Boo might be a good candidate to take the reigns of Strontium Dog. His creatures and mutants look great and he gets Alpha's look right.

Funt Solo

Kevin O'Neill is a mighty art god striding the page like a demented colossus. Boo's great as well, but - it's Kevin O-effing Neill for flip's sake!

O' Neill 4 : 1 Cook
++ A-Z ++  coma ++

maryanddavid

Sean SD

rogue69

I, Cosh

Impossible to see past O'Neill here. Having just recently read that sumptuous "Early Heresies" book I was reminded of how incredible Kev's art is and how much of an impact it had on me. Strong argument that Nemesis Book III is the best comic story of all time.

Testament to Boo Cook's own unique style that I'm even contemplating giving him a share of the points. I didn't enjoy the first stuff I saw by him but it was the Dredd story Descent that changed my mind. There's a couple of pages where the pencils are left largely untouched by the usual riot of colour that made me reassess and since then I've loved his joyfully chaotic approach.

Cook 1 - 4 O'Neill
We never really die.

Colin YNWA

Last call at the bar for this one. I'll count up up tomorrow morning and we'll announce Kev O... the winner...

Well poor ol' Boo Cook while I'm not his biggest fan I do enjoy so many of the strips he's worked on but he's come up against an absolute master and I have to give this one.

Boo Cook 0 : Kev O'Neill 5

Otherwise I don't think I'd ever fine one I could call a white wash.

sintec

This is a really tough draw. It took me a while to warm to Cook's unique style and it works better on some strips than others. Coming up against O'Neill he just doesn't stand a chance though - his work on Nemesis is just stunning.

O'Neill 4 - Boo 1

Colin YNWA

VOTING CLOSED

The scale of the mountain that Current Team need to scale is hammered home here and that opening tie feels a long time ago already. Still there's no denying Classic Team have rolled out some masters early so Current Team just need a foothold soon and who knows. As it is Kev O'Neill of course romped this one. That's no slight on Boo Cook, but ya know Kev O'Neill!

Current Team 1 : Classic Team 3

Current Team 174 : Classic Team 256