Main Menu

Giant bit of snot

Started by The Enigmatic Dr X, 29 April, 2003, 04:26:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Enigmatic Dr X

Whatever happened to The Mess? I haven't got round to re-reading the original ABC Warriors, but remember that the Mess was a big green blob in a jar. Not much of a killer robot.

Oh, and why does the news insist on calling the whit chemical suits NBC suits (nuclear, biological and chemical)? Surely ABC is much better, and not an advert for an AMerican news channel?

Spread the word!
Lock up your spoons!

johnnystress

See Steelhorn in the current ABC warriors? Thats him that is.

The Enigmatic Dr X

How's that, then? The mess was a giant bit of snot. Bit of a Dalek thing - green blob in robot shell - is it?
Lock up your spoons!

johnnystress

Way back in the early progs Steelhorn was the perfect robot soldier, but he had enough of war and wanted to leave- The human commanders double crossed him, and because he was supposed to be indestructible they dropped him in molten lava(or something) He melted but wasnt destroyed-instead becoming a living 'snot' as you say.
Mongrol used to carry him around in a flask. Until recently the last we saw of him was when he entered the 'nervous system' of a huge robot on Mars, the name escapes me, and rendered the once clumsy giant into a pround warrior robot 'standing tall'(all very emotional at the time)
Steelhorn was re-intoduced recently in the War of the Worlds inspired ABC warriors tale- I think the planet Mars itself ressurrected him or something...have to check the back issues

Tu-plang

"Surely ABC is much better, and not an advert for an AMerican news channel?"

Nope, it's still promoting an American TV channel.

Noisybast

"...a huge robot on Mars, the name escapes me"

It was Big George.
Dan Dare will return for a new adventure soon, Earthlets!

Smiley

Not much of a killer robot? He took out a tyrannousaur in one go, smothering it in boiling metal, he did.

W. R. Logan

>Oh, and why does the news insist on calling the whit chemical suits NBC suits (nuclear, biological and chemical)? Surely ABC is much better, and not an advert for an AMerican news channel?

British protection gear has always come under the NBC heading. Generally we face nuclear weapons not atomic weapons, nuclear fall out as opposed to atomic fallout so its Nuclear Biological Chemical, ABC may sound better than NBC but anyone who knows anything about army acronyms will know that the army has never gone for the better sounding or easier to remember name.

La Placa Rifa,
W. R. Logan.http://www.army-technology.com/contractor_images/remploy/remploy1.">

Mudcrab

I heard someone on telly using the ABC acronym for biological protection stuff. Maybe it was a 'mistake' from a reporter that reads 2000ad :o)
NEGOTIATION'S OVER!

paulvonscott

As has been said recently, what of poor Big George, what will become of him?

Trout

Poor George. I miss him, and his bickering brains.

It was a great full-page spread of them arguing, IIRC.

- Trout

Jared Katooie

Beats me how people miss these things... Big George is dead.

Ask me how I know...

J.

johnnystress

Ok.What happened him, how do you know....?

The Big Man

Mars destroyed 'im for terraforming her. Which wasn't very nice.
"Is there a problem here ?"