Main Menu

Bryan Talbot etc...

Started by Generally Contrary, 27 May, 2003, 05:56:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Generally Contrary

The best of Bristol was, for me, apart from meeting the other boarders who all look very different in the flesh than how I had imagined you (and you should be very thankful that you do), Bryan Talbot, as you might be able to tell from the thread.

Friendly guy, and an extremely intelligent, thoughtful and talented artist.  Back in 2000AD soon?  Please.

Art

We decided taht he looked liek an older KevF Sutherland, and that since KevF has been doing festivals without apparently showing any signs of aging since the seventies he must have some kind of diabolical pact with Satan so that Talbot ages in his place.

Wils

I still think the 'drinks the blood of virgins from the fetid skulls of jackals' theory is probably closer to the mark.

longmanshort

After chatting to him for 20 minutes on Friday night he reather slurringly informed me that he was 'st*ned out of his head' which kinda took the shine off the conservation. Met him before (in fact, have a lot to thank him for art-wise) and have always been a fan of his artwork, particularly on Nemesis.

He does look like he's melting though.
+++ implementing rigid format protocols +++ meander mode engaged +++

Buddy

Hi Andy, how ya doin... thanks for the pints/chat on Sunday evenin'. Good end to a hectic weekend.

Generally Contrary

Yep - a surprisingly knackering weekend.  I've picked up enough reading to last me weeks - loads of small-press stuff.  Alan Moore for 30 pages in Zarjaz, the excellent Solar Wind, and stuff I haven't yet found the time to scan through - BAM, Violent, Dogbreath etc. etc.

Dogbreath should get a presence on this site, or at least online somewhere.

longmanshort wrote:
++He does look like he's melting though++

We're you on the same stuff a Bryan?

eggonlegs

mr.talbot should get a series in 2k NOW!!!