Main Menu

The Meg

Started by The Enigmatic Dr X, 03 June, 2003, 11:00:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

opaque

Longer is better :)
Nice to know that thats going to be the case.
I have nothing against non Dredd World characters in the Meg but I do prefer them. Things like Black Siddah are interesting, look good but I'd much rather have an Armitage or Shimura instead.
But on the other hand Family made no impact on me atall.

paulvonscott

The problem for me with other Dreddworld characters is that they aren't THAT great and to be honest most of them would be just as good not set in Dredd's world.  Most of them seem to be set in a different world anyway.  Can't think of any exceptions to be honest.

Tu-plang

"what are all these knobs?"

"What, these? Instruments.  You see, the TARDIS travels through time and space."

Is the possibly the nerdiest, fanboyish thing I could have said?

Tu-plang

"what are all these knobs?"

"what, these? Instruments - for controlling out flight."

Tu-plang

Going the basic route...

Arse Hole.

Nice Tom

Glad to see a return to longer chunks- 6-pagers are fine in 2000AD, but then you only have to wait a week for the next part. Anyway, here's my two cents on the current line-up:
DREDD- Like the story, don't like the art. It feels a bit too basic to me, not really exciting or original.
BLACK SIDDHA- Quite funny, and Simon Davis's artwork is fantastic as always. But I agree that Pat Mills has taken a long time to tell us very little (which was my gripe with the recent ABC Warriors)
DARKIE'S MOB- I'm not a fan of war stories, and this is frankly samey.
DEVLIN WAUGH- Does anyone else think this wasn't originally intended for the Dreddverse?
As for the character profiles, I'm all for them as someone who's relatively new to Twoth and the Meg and isn't massively familiar with a lot of characters. Actually, I'd prefer more detail.