Main Menu

2000ad graphic novels

Started by zep, 03 June, 2003, 11:51:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

DavidXBrunt

Oh, and I wouldn't recommend Uncanny X-Men, it's awfull. Try Spiderman, or Tangled Web, or Fantastic Four instead. I'm begging you to stay clear of uncanny...it really is awful.

zep

i am currently buyin ultimate x-men which i think is great. i reeeally reccomend it to everyone. new issue comin out in a couple of weeks (new story - weapon x).

thanks a lot paulvonscott.

DavidXBrunt

Ah, your reading the British reprints I take it.

It's pretty good stuff. Considering it's provenance then it's bloody amazing stuff.

Trout

New writer too. I'm considering dropping it, because I'm spending too much and it seems like a good point to do it.

New X-Men is the only must-have Marvel book, IMO.

- Trout

DavidXBrunt

Ah, but then you aren't reading Fantastic Four, are you Trouty. Much better than New X-Men.

Trout

Really? Don't tempt me, you evil pusher!

- Trout

DavidXBrunt

Heh. If you like I could send you a free issue, just to get the flavour...

Trout

David, that would make my life complete. E-mailing you an address now.

You're a star and I thank you wholeheartedly!

Grrrr...

All we need now is a way of injecting comics intravenously, then we'll be selling our tellies just to buy more...

- Trout

zep

zep

just got the ace comics pack. do i have to pay for all the freebies?

W. R. Logan

If I remember correctly no, the initial pack is free, but if you order Comics International with any orders it?ll cost you 50p and previews which is a must with advance ordering is ?2, Illuminations is the Ace Comic shops own magazine/fanzine and that was always free to people who used the advance ordering system. The pack you would have been sent is there to entice you down the dark path of comics buying by mail order & previews.

Remember mail order is quicker and more seductive but will ultimately result in the destruction of your bank balance.

La Placa Rifa,
W. R. Logan.

zep

i know what you mean. i HAVE to spend $15 a month which i dont think i will every month.
looking at the previews 'supreme power' and '1602' (marvel) both look amazing. look forward to them. probably just stick with my forbidden planet.

zep

just bought 'new x-men' 142. really good, anyone know when the next one is comin out, i think its soon because in comics international 159 they say new x-men 144 is out mid-july and isnt it monthly?

also forbidden planet isnt as bad as people say but i see what you mean about the toys!