Main Menu

Greetings from the nineties.

Started by Judge Boon, 10 September, 2012, 12:59:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Judge Boon

That's about as up to date as I am on 2000AD.

Navigated my way here via the Alex Garland interview, which along with everything else I've read has only made me more excited about seeing Dredd. Hopefully get a chance to see it this week. I've just reread The Judge Child Quest and am currently rereading Warlord to get back into the right Dreddspace.

I've read some other great comics, (love Shirow Masamune, Alan Moore, Blacksad books) but it's great revisiting 2000AD. I'm a real fan of Dredd, Nemesis, Slaine, Ace Trucking. My favourite Dredd probably dates back to the 80's and my favourite art is probably the b/w Cam Kennedy stuff.

So what awaits my old school tastes in todays 2000 AD? What's changed and what hasn't? Do you have any recommendations for 2000 AD books to pick up, post-2000 AD?!

Look forward to chatting comic geek with you. :)

w3bz

Great to see you back (now your account's finally sorted!) ;)

Judge Boon

Thanks w3bz, at least I've had a couple of days to ponder my opening post!

Dandontdare

welcome back to the fold. Many people lost the faith in the nineties, but sincet he prog has been getting better and better over the last decade or so, lots and lots are coming back.

COMMANDO FORCES

Judge Boon

Well it must have been fate, I had £2.36 spare change from my trip to the shop this afternoon...

Was surprised that the movie cover wasn't the 'all new stories' issue, so I was a little lost for most of it!
Next prog: The Death of Dan E-Cannon eh? Subtle.