2000AD Original Art Thread

Started by J3D1, 16 May, 2010, 08:34:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ming

Quote from: Greg M. on 14 February, 2015, 09:50:51 AM
Quote from: hippynumber1 on 14 February, 2015, 09:31:45 AM
It's not a competition!  ::)

Whoever dies with the most art wins! ;)

No, whoever dies with the best art wins  ;)

I'm considering pruning some more here and there - get things down to a nice core collection I can enjoy and pass on to the (suitably appreciative) kids without worrying about it all ending up in a landfill somewhere once I pop me clogs.

What a cheery thought!

:lol:

hippynumber1

Yes. I have left my girlfriend VERY specific instructions about my art for when I pop off!

Stu101

Quote from: ming on 14 February, 2015, 12:28:43 PM

I'm considering pruning some more here and there

How would you go about selling pieces Ming? I'm thinking of adding to a very small collection and am interested in getting hold of older pages (stuff from the '90s possibly) I have been pointed in the direction of CAF and similar sites but was wondering how you guys on here tend to buy and sell.

Cheers

hippynumber1

Skullmo

It's a joke. I was joking.

Stu101

Cheers guys, very helpful. Skullmo I'll let you know what kind of work i'm looking for, and will defiantly check those leads hippy#1.

chiefy2shoes

I bought this Trapper Hag piece from Clint Langley at the recent Demoncon convention. He said it was an unused pinup for a SDCC thing.

Mangamax

COR! Think i saw that when i went past his table - but i was trooping and things are blurry and tinted green in those goggles, so didn't see it was Trapper.
If i did, might've just snatched it up before you!
The perspective on that chairs all wrong

Skullmo

Love that one - I ummed and arred about getting it myself when I got some pieces. It is gorgeous!

maryanddavid

Before kids and recessions I got a nice few pages of original art, I really like them, and have my favourites on display. I was taking out the folder of pieces I have on display this morning to take a few pictures of art for something different, and I was looking at the four pages of Carlos that I have.
The four page below are from the Rage storyline, I have the title page as well, but that's on display and and I wouldnt part with it. The reason for this post, is that its such a shame to have these tucked away in a folder, looked at once every while, it would be nice to have them on display, but I dont have the room.
Its a long time since I bough anything I am well out of the loop, IF I was to consider selling them, is Ebay the best bet, or selling them  to an art dealer like the Book Palace?

Bolt-01

Sweet grud- those are some of the finest comics ever. That third page alone is a work of genius.

Skullmo

WOW! A private sale is always best.

On my wish list!

hippynumber1

A private sale is always best, I agree, but never take the first offer and ALWAYS ask the opinion of a few people who do collect but aren't interested in buying what they would consider a fair price. That way you're less likely to get ripped off!

ming

Seriously, I think that episode should stay together.  It's pretty rare to see the original art for complete episodes in one place and for such an iconic sequence to get split up would be a shame (completely understandable, but a shame).  There's one page (one panel!) that alone should go sky-high, price-wise, but the other pages, if split from that, might not get the attention they deserve.

I've chatted with you about this episode before I think, David - and remember that I have a suitably nice SD title page if you want to explore trade (or partial trade) options...  ;)

Anyway, fantastic art from one of *those* moments in the Prog.

Colin YNWA

Quote from: ming on 13 March, 2015, 12:25:14 PM
Seriously, I think that episode should stay together.  It's pretty rare to see the original art for complete episodes in one place and for such an iconic sequence to get split up would be a shame (completely understandable, but a shame). ...

Anyway, fantastic art from one of *those* moments in the Prog.

Yeah its a real shame that you need to split these as that is pretty iconic stuff. Just wonderful pages David. Good luck with whatever you decide to do with them and suspect that you will have a lot of interest.