Main Menu

Animated Dredd concept 'trailer' (Unoffical)

Started by Colin YNWA, 22 March, 2023, 08:06:40 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Colin YNWA

Have we seen this? I don't remember seeing this? We should ALL see this. What fun.

(tried to iFrame but it didn't work - not entirely surprisingly BUT of that YouTube function is ACES and does the job!)

Colin YNWA

Oh and I should say found via Sandra Ezquerra's FB feed.

broodblik

That was quite exciting. I like the style so hopefully this might become a series
When I die, I want to die like my grandfather who died peacefully in his sleep. Not screaming like all the passengers in his car.

Old age is the Lord's way of telling us to step aside for something new. Death's in case we didn't take the hint.

GizmoDuck

I saw it awhile ago on Youtube. It's pretty awesome.

I repeat my statement I made on YouTube. In a World where we have 32 seasons of Kardashians, how do we not have an open-world Dredd game, yet? Especially as it's owned by a friggin' game publisher!!!!

The Legendary Shark

[move]~~~^~~~~~~~[/move]

Barrington Boots

You're a dark horse, Boots.

Dash Decent

Quote from: Colin YNWA on 22 March, 2023, 08:06:40 AMHave we seen this? I don't remember seeing this? We should ALL see this. What fun.

Yes, it's really good but has been around for a while.  There's various version on YT where people have put different music over it.  IIRC there's also some preliminary animation which has Dredd waiting around standing on that little platform/walkway we see him on at the start, and sometimes demoing some reaction moves.
- By Appointment -
Hero to Michael Carroll

"... rank amateurism and bad jokes." - JohnW.

Jim_Campbell

Quote from: Colin YNWA on 22 March, 2023, 08:06:40 AMHave we seen this? I don't remember seeing this?

We have, albeit some time ago, and the previous version had a fairly generic synth soundtrack, IIRC. I think I'd prefer to see it scored with some of Paul Leonard Morgan's more industrial soundtrack from the 2012 movie than Silvestri's orchestral bombast of '95, but it's nice to see it again.

As I'm sure I said before: that Dredd is very Kev Walker. Shame that Marvel is keeping him busy these days, 'cause I'd love to see him take another crack at Ol' Stony Face.
Stupidly Busy Letterer: Samples. | Blog
Less-Awesome-Artist: Scribbles.

Jim_Campbell

Quote from: GizmoDuck on 22 March, 2023, 09:47:01 AMIn a World where we have 32 seasons of Kardashians, how do we not have an open-world Dredd game, yet? Especially as it's owned by a friggin' game publisher!!!!

You know how much those things cost to make, right...? An open-world game — a decent one — can run into the hundreds of millions of dollars. The less you spend, the shittier it's going to look/play, so the choice is: put out a crap one that's likely to flop and damage the brand of both the IP and the developer, or risk bankrupcy on a top-tier one based on an IP that's only known to the general public as two films that failed at the box office.
Stupidly Busy Letterer: Samples. | Blog
Less-Awesome-Artist: Scribbles.

Dash Decent

Gort Hyman has got a collection of versions with different music, from "Annie's Song" to Anthrax.

Plus this: a funny idea but the music starts too soon and it's too long an animation to sustain the joke.
- By Appointment -
Hero to Michael Carroll

Dash Decent

Here's the website of the creator, Jean Cabot:

Jean Cabot

It has some great stills.

The YT videos have this clarification from Gort:
"Studio AiXA created the video independently and presented it to the rights holder of Judge Dredd as proof of concept for a show they wanted to make.

The rights holder of Judge Dredd wishes it to be made clear that they were not involved in the creation or promotion of this video clip.

Judge Dredd © Rebellion Ltd"
- By Appointment -
Hero to Michael Carroll

Dash Decent

This version has the preliminary animation at the end.  Skip to 2'26".  (In fact all the versions running 3 minutes+ have it, including the one I linked above.)

I hope Rebellion hired this guy and told him to sit in a corner and build on it.
- By Appointment -
Hero to Michael Carroll

ming

I love that bit of animation; when it first popped up a fee years back it featured music from Akira which, as something of a homage visually, was a perfect fit - not sure it that's been taken down but if you can find it it's definitely worth a (re)watch.

nxylas

Quote from: Dash Decent on 22 March, 2023, 11:54:12 AMGort Hyman has got a collection of versions with different music, from "Annie's Song" to Anthrax.

Plus this: a funny idea but the music starts too soon and it's too long an animation to sustain the joke.
I guessed what it was going to be even before I clicked the link.
AIEEEEEE! It's the...THING from the HELL PLANET!

Trooper McFad

I remember seeing this a while ago and watching again just reminds me what any animated IP from the tooth library could be like if it got the funds and a pitch up from any of the streaming services. 🤞🏻🤞🏻🤞🏻🤞🏻
Citizens are Perps who haven't been caught ... yet!