Main Menu

how to do a prog slog

Started by sheridan, 22 May, 2015, 09:15:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

sheridan

Greg M.

The Citadel Judge Mortis has the thinnest ankles of any miniature I've ever owned. You can guess what happened to my one.

Lobo Baggins

Quote from: Greg M. on 22 June, 2020, 03:41:53 PM
The Citadel Judge Mortis has the thinnest ankles of any miniature I've ever owned. You can guess what happened to my one.

Mine too! Completely impossible to fix, as well...
The wages of sin are death, but the hours are good and the perks are fantastic.

Greg M.

I think it may have happened to Judge Fear too, now I think about it. I know that some people didn't like it when Citadel miniatures got chunkier, but no-one ever snapped an Ultramarine off at the shins.

sheridan

Quote from: Greg M. on 22 June, 2020, 04:19:21 PM
I think it may have happened to Judge Fear too, now I think about it. I know that some people didn't like it when Citadel miniatures got chunkier, but no-one ever snapped an Ultramarine off at the shins.

My Mortis is fine, but Judge Fear has gone that way.  I need to learn how to do that pinning thing.  Or hope that glue has gotten better in the past few decades (since I last tried to put the thing together).

sheridan

2000AD Prog 318: The Stupid Gun! "You're next, Dredd!"

A researcher from the future travels back in time to investigate how something happened.  Any guesses?  Clue: it's what usually happens when a researcher from the future travels back in time to investigate something.

sheridan

sheridan

broodblik

When I die, I want to die like my grandfather who died peacefully in his sleep. Not screaming like all the passengers in his car.

Old age is the Lord's way of telling us to step aside for something new. Death's in case we didn't take the hint.

sheridan

TordelBack

Quote from: sheridan on 25 June, 2020, 12:21:51 PM
2000AD Prog 220: In Space... Judge Dredd is the Law! A galaxy of prizes to be won! BIG competition to greet the year's big film! Return of the Jedi WIN New mini-figures and Rebel Transports from Palitoy WIN Star Wars Jedi Arena

But where did the money in the car come from in Ringroad, Sheridan? Where did the money come from?  Why Tharg hasn't commissioned me to write a prequel to this (Bypass) explaining all the loose ends is beyond me...

He could use it to test the water, before he runs my long-planned magnum opus, The Chanson of Brinna Childresse-Lao

sheridan

Quote from: TordelBack on 25 June, 2020, 05:38:07 PM
Quote from: sheridan on 25 June, 2020, 12:21:51 PM
2000AD Prog 220: In Space... Judge Dredd is the Law! A galaxy of prizes to be won! BIG competition to greet the year's big film! Return of the Jedi WIN New mini-figures and Rebel Transports from Palitoy WIN Star Wars Jedi Arena

But where did the money in the car come from in Ringroad, Sheridan? Where did the money come from?  Why Tharg hasn't commissioned me to write a prequel to this (Bypass) explaining all the loose ends is beyond me...

I did consider whether to mention the money - or that the car itself already came from the 1935's future, but as it only features in two panels at the beginning and has no relevance to anything else, I decided against it.

He could use it to test the water, before he runs my long-planned magnum opus, The Chanson of Brinna Childresse-Lao

But did she dance with Clara?

sheridan

Quote from: sheridan on 26 June, 2020, 01:48:52 AM
Quote from: TordelBack on 25 June, 2020, 05:38:07 PM

But did she dance with Clara?

Also - how did she know that cop?  Go on, write it - I'm sure Alan wouldn't mind - he loves people adding and adapting his works...

TordelBack

Hey,  I'm sure he'd love it!  I did write a Brinna prequel for one of the Shark's short story comps, I find the character absolutely fascinating. Sadly I lack even a smidgen of creativity,  so it read about as interesting as a tax return and ended up in the bin. Where did it go? Nowhere.

sheridan

You wrote things which aren't even there any more!

2000AD Prog 221: Nappy days for Robo Hunter "Presennnnnt – BOTTLES!"

The first G.I.s!  And Rogue isn't the only child soldier...