Main Menu

What famous person have people have compared your looks to?

Started by EddieHitler, 18 June, 2011, 03:21:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

M.I.K.

The lead singer of Korn, the one with the moustache in The Mighty Boosh, and an online face recognition thingy said I looked 90% like Monica Bellucci, (which is clearly wrong).

Emperor

Qui-Gon Jinn when the Star Wars prequels were out (especially my friend's son, who I suspect only really knows me as that), Hamish Campbell when Braveheart was out and Jack Nicholson many moons ago, thanks to that Shining poster and my eyebrows apparently (someone I knew even wrote a note on his poster saying it looked like me).
if I went 'round saying I was an Emperor just because some moistened bint had lobbed a scimitar at me, they'd put me away!

Fractal Friction | Tumblr | Google+

Mikey

Phil Mitchel - this was pre permanent beard days in school, just after I shaved my hair.

Andy Cairns - from Therapy? So much so in fact that one of my friends convinced his mates I was him in photos. Also some people at a Therapy? gig, including security!

Gary Oldman.

Robert Smith (!)

I'll leave it up to you whether any of these are good or bad...

M.
To tell the truth, you can all get screwed.

Gavin_Leahy_Block

Steve Buscemi and Howard Wolowitz from The Big Bang Theory recently, but when I had a goatee it used to be Dave Grohl and Richard Branson.

House of Usher

Quote from: Emperor on 19 June, 2011, 04:24:03 AM
Qui-Gon Jinn when the Star Wars prequels were out (especially my friend's son, who I suspect only really knows me as that), Hamish Campbell when Braveheart was out and Jack Nicholson many moons ago, thanks to that Shining poster and my eyebrows apparently (someone I knew even wrote a note on his poster saying it looked like me).

Oh! That's Qui-Gon Jinn. The one I was thinking you meant turns out to be called Ki-Adi Mundi.  ::)
Boy, do I feel silly. You can see how I went wrong: the difference between Qui and Ki is subtle when you're not a Star Wars fan.

And you've been compared to Billy Conolly. Yes, you have.
STRIKE !!!

johnnystress

I used to get compared to Rory Gallagher when I was younger

These days it's another Ricky Gervais

sob

Rog69

My sister reckons I look like the sax player from Jools holland's band but a quick google image search reveals that I look bugger all like him.

The resemblance between between Phil Collins and my willy however is uncanny.

Emperor

if I went 'round saying I was an Emperor just because some moistened bint had lobbed a scimitar at me, they'd put me away!

CrazyFoxMachine

Emperor - you look entirely like yourself!

OR MING THE MERCILESS.

I got the Bill Bailey thing as well. But shit, I've got long hair and people are lazy. It's the "tall forehead" that does it ;)

House of Usher

Quote from: Emperor on 19 June, 2011, 08:02:28 PM
Quote from: House of Usher on 19 June, 2011, 06:07:06 PMAnd you've been compared to Billy Conolly. Yes, you have.

Have I?

Bristol, May 2011.

"The Emperor was around somewhere."
"Oh really? What does he look like?"
"Sort of Billy Conolly-looking."
STRIKE !!!

Emperor

Quote from: House of Usher on 19 June, 2011, 08:41:09 PM
Quote from: Emperor on 19 June, 2011, 08:02:28 PM
Quote from: House of Usher on 19 June, 2011, 06:07:06 PMAnd you've been compared to Billy Conolly. Yes, you have.

Have I?

Bristol, May 2011.

"The Emperor was around somewhere."
"Oh really? What does he look like?"
"Sort of Billy Conolly-looking."

LOL. Fair does. I'm happy to be compared with the Big Yin for any reason ;)

worldshown

When I was at university, I let my hair grow long. This would have been about 15 years ago when I still wore glasses. I walked past a bunch of kids on a bus stop who shouted "Danny Baker" at me. I had to admit that they weren't far off.

When my hair got long enough to tie back, the Danny Baker stuff stopped. Then it became Penn Jillette.

I had laser surgery on my eyes about nine years ago. Just as well because if I still wore glasses, I would be the double of Andrew "sexed up" Gilligan.

Richmond Clements

"Hey Jesus, get a haircut," was the finest thing a group of children on a street have ever shouted at me. I actually had to stop walking as I was laughing too much.

House of Usher

Kids in the street yelling stuff? Last summer I got "Oi, Shakespeare!"

But of course. Doesn't every man with a beard, wearing a shirt collar and a waistcoat, look the spitting image of Shakespeare?
STRIKE !!!

Emperor

Quote from: House of Usher on 19 June, 2011, 09:39:46 PM
Kids in the street yelling stuff? Last summer I got "Oi, Shakespeare!"

A friend of mine gave my a Shakespeare Toby jug she reckoned looked like me.

Quote from: Richmond Clements on 19 June, 2011, 09:30:00 PM"Hey Jesus, get a haircut," was the finest thing a group of children on a street have ever shouted at me. I actually had to stop walking as I was laughing too much.

A homeless smackhead acquaintance of mine calls me Jesus, which can get a few odd looks from passersbys, when a homeless guy starts shouting "Jesus." I even had a photograph of me walking on water, now long lost naturally ;)