Main Menu

Meg 228 - Jock Shock!

Started by DavidXBrunt, 07 February, 2005, 07:13:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Smiley

Just finished. Enjoyed Dredd a lot, laugh out loud brilliant, with Bogie Man a close second. Not really bothered with the rest.

Trout

I will add, however, that I tend to agree with Dudley's assessment of the text story. It wasn't the best-written piece of work I've ever seen.

- Trout

Oddboy

Dredd - Aces

Middenface - Bit of a so-so story this one... good enough, but feels like a kinda pointless run up to Portrait history class.
I like SpiderDan though!

Shimura - Coming along nicely.

Anderson - Aces. Great to see Juliet November cropping up again.

Bato Loco - Very good, enjoyable style.

Bogie Man - not as good as the other Bogie stuff I've read, but pretty good.

Better set your phaser to stun.

Conexus

Conexus

Carlsborg Expert.

Conexus

yep clubs (forgive me, i'm not a cards person - the only game i play with any regularity is solitare, and thats the on the comp)

Oddboy

Well - it would've been funny if you'd not screwed the punchline up!

;)

Conexus

yeah, but the screwing up is funny in itself, isn't it ? (heh, it might be people laughing at me not with me, but i'm not too proud )

Oddboy

ukdane

I don't like the font on the cards, it's hard to read. Also, was anyone else surprised to see that Anderson wasn't Queen?
Cheers

-Daney

Carlsborg Expert.

I reckon shes gonna be queen o' hearts

Devons Daddy

once again the meg seems to be standing on the shoulders of a gaint.

it now without doubt better then the weekly prog.which is one hell of an acheivement. i will give you all the basics ,has longer lead time, is targetted at a differnt market. i know all that.
but really the meg is outstanding these days.

in the past its seen its tough times. but these days it just goes from strengh to strengh.

I AM VERY BUSY!
PJ Maybe and I use the same dictionary, live with it.

NO 2000ad no life!

Tiplodocus

I read the werewolf text story last night.

I agree with Dudley and Trout, I thought it was pretty poor.  At points it seemed to me that the writer has been more concerned with using a new word from his thesaurus than putting a bit of feeling into the prose.  
Be excellent to each other. And party on!

Jared Katooie

Jared's review. Thrillpower rated by %.

Cover - This wasn't bad but the preview on the back of the prog looked much better. Average, I guess. 50%

Editor's letter - I didn't quite grasp what Alan Barnes was saying. Still, it was worth reading. 61%

Judge Dredd: Wow. Pretty unexpected ending. The story was good and didn't overstay its welcome. A simple message but cleverly done. 67%

Shimura - I'm starting to like this. The start was good and this is better. The art is incredibly detailed and the colours seem to fit it well. The fight scenes were great. It made me wish there was more action in the prog and the meg. 63%

Young Middenface - After a poor run we get a reasonably good ending. I still feel disappointed with the story though. Ridgeway's art should be better than it is. 37%

Bato Loco 2127 - I'm not the worlds biggest fan of this but it's okay. Going over some familiar territory here but what the heck. 48%

Bogie Man - Not bad. Can't say more. 42%

Judge Dredd: Alzheimer's Block - I groaned at the pointless inclusion of Miss Marple in an otherwise good story but I still managed to enjoy this. I didn't see the twist coming and it was nice to see the bleakness of Dredd's world being illustrated. 55%

Anderson - It's amazing how much random, inexplicable magic stuff I can tolerate. After two dull tales Anderson is looking good again. Not quite R*volution but close. 58%

Cam Kennedy Interview - Good enough. I prefer the interview style used by the 2000adreview website though. I'd rather know what sort of person someone is as opposed to hearing about what they've drawn.

Judge Dredd: This wasn't as bad as people said but it was pretty poor. The twist and the ending were poor. 36%

Heatseekers
Comics - This was interesting and informative. 62%
Movies - Okay. 46%
Cult TV - Didn't find this interesting. 24%
Japan - Cant remember this. 25% ?
Bishop - Heh. I preferred this to Gordon's usual rants. Enjoyable, but are these always going to be comedy countdowns? Is Gordon running out of ideas? Should a man who writes as much as he does have a whole column to himself? I dont know.

I think I'd like this if the column was written by different people each month. That way we'd have a load of different views on things to moan about.