Main Menu

case files 03

Started by auxlen, 15 March, 2006, 04:06:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bart Oliver

Seriously, this is the one I've been waiting for.

Not completely sold on the green and black spot colouring where I've seen it reproduced in print or on the web (but then that's not why I'm buying it). The archetypal McM Dredd astride lawmaster gets a big thumbs up.

Perfect.
Obviously you're not a golfer.

Pete Wells

Yup, it flopped onto my doormat this morning. Definately the best yet (for me) as it contains The Black Atlantic, The Black Plague, Palais De Boing and The Invisible Man. I read these stories over and over again when I was a kid!

Add to this the introductions of Vienna, Uncle Ump, Otto Sump and Judge Death and the world is a wonderful place!

Happy Pete.

radiator

Whoah, that green's a bit garish. Does it look as bright in print? Seriously tho, can't wait for this, it should arrive tommorow (The Book Depository haven't let me down yet)

Bolt-01

I'll be ordering mine next month.

Bolt-01

The Amstor Computer

The Book Depository haven't let me down yet

Yeah, they're pretty good for the Rebellion trades (apart from a brief blip when Rebellion started publishing their own paperbacks, after the end of the DC deal). That said, their postage is pretty steep, but if you're buying a book at a time you'll probably still only pay cover price to get the book + shipping. My copy of Case Files 3 should be here today or tomorrow if my usual experience with them holds true.

IndigoPrime

:: Whoah, that green's a bit garish. Does it look as bright
:: in print?

Nope -- it's much subtler. I guess the green here is down to the CMYK-to-RGB conversion going a bit wonky.

:: The Book Depository haven't let me down yet)

Lucky you. They sent me totally the wrong book recently. So, I emailed them using Amazon's online facility. Then I emailed the address on their delivery slip. Then I did both again, for a second time. (And, no, I wasn't be totally impatient?this was over the period of two weeks.)

I've so far received no responses and will therefore be trying to get a refund via Amazon's procedures. Frankly, I will never use TBD again?the service is fine if you get what you ordered, but?in my case at least?customer service is totally non-existent if they screw up.

:: That said, their postage is pretty steep

With my last order, I figured out what they do: the company sells books at a loss or break-even, and then whops huge postage charges to get the profit. I suspect Amazon's cut comes from the sale price rather than the P&P...

DavidXBrunt

This was in my comic shop today but I'm trying to save money. My comic shop man used subtle persuasion techniques on me when I said I'd still not read one and two yet - "But you've bought 'stop' and 'get ready', it's 'Go!' theat's the exciting part!"

IndigoPrime

That's pretty funny, although that cunning technique will require refinement when the Case Files 04 book arrives later this year!

Dudley

There's at least "go, Go, GO, GO!" to get through before the joke wears thin.

Rio De Fideldo

Does anyone know when this will be available to buy from the Future Shop?

Wake

Now. My copy arrived this morning, and I've just weighed it for the shop.

Cheers,

Wake

Link: https://secure.2000adonline.com/secure/?PageRequired=order&StockCode=XB270" target="_blank">Buy It!

+rufus+

Numero 3 is great. They seem to be selling out pretty quick in London, but Borders seem to have them in stock, for all you thrill junkies.
  I'd like to see all the B&W Annual stories included (I can see the obvious repo problems with the painted ones...), and Covers, Pinups,and Starscans.
 ;-) R

IndigoPrime

:: 'd like to see all the B&W Annual stories included (I can
:: see the obvious repo problems with the painted ones...)

The series is going to hit said problems soon enough anyway, when Dredd starts having two colour pages per episode. Frankly, even taking into account the ropey reproduction, I'd still be very happy to see all of the annual and special stories make an appearance in a "bonus" section.

dweezil2

These Case Files are things of beauty!
Savalas Seed Bandcamp: https://savalasseed1.bandcamp.com/releases

"He's The Law 45th anniversary music video"
https://youtu.be/qllbagBOIAo

I, Cosh

The series is going to hit said problems soon enough anyway, when Dredd starts having two colour pages per episode.

When did that start? From a quick look at Funt's index pages, it looks like Dredd moves to the centre pages at the start of The Judge Child. Which is volume 4.
We never really die.