Main Menu

Tie Hype into Previews

Started by Grant Goggans, 27 March, 2006, 11:52:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Grant Goggans

Okay, so the April Previews has three things of note:

The next series of The Red Seas starts around prog 1491.

Complete Case Files 04, which includes The Judge Child, ships to US shops in July.

So does Fiends of the Eastern Front.

Rebellion needs to focus its hype and promotion on this end of the direct market ordering cycle, since retailers have to get their orders to Diamond within the next few weeks.

So there needs to be concerted effort at getting press releases out to CBR and Comicon and SBC and Newsarama for these three items, with quotes from the creators and, if possible, interview time made available.

The Red Seas: This will be in shops at the same time the next Pirates of the Caribbean movie is released.  Provide quotes from and non-Tooth credits for Ian Edginton (Sojourn, War of the Worlds) and Steve Yeowell (The Invisibles, Starman) and skull & bones fonts on the press material.  Also provide re-order information for the Under the Banner of King Death hardback!!

Dredd Case Files 04: First time The Judge Child has been collected in America in its original black & white!  A major epic that introduced several supporting characters to the Dredd universe!  Amazing art from Brian Bolland, Mike McMahon and Ron Smith!  Also includes The Fink and (I think) Unamerican Graffiti, two absolute classics!  Hype, hype, hype!

Fiends: Boy, here's a great opportunity.  GF-D keeps a low profile these days, but make Carlos Ezquerra available for interviews - here's some classic work of his back in print, he's currently working on "Origins," which, if it begins in prog 1500, should be solicited in June, and there's a new series of Fiends starting soon in the Meg, PLUS David Bishop's novels from Black Flame are available AND a rumored "Best of Ezquerra's Dredd" collection is due soon!  (I would also love to see a big 2000 AD-hyping interview on a big site like The Beat!!)

Come on, Rebellion, get the press droids working on these this week!  Retailers need to see this hype on the major comic sites, and readers need to visit their local comic shop asking about it before the ordering deadline passes.  Chop, chop, me hearties!

(Then FOLLOW UP in July.  Between "IN PREVIEWS NOW" press and "IN STORES THIS WEEK" press, not a week should go by without a headline on Newsarama!)

Devons Daddy

all true,
but here rebellion and to be honest the entire comic book press is very hit and miss.
take the wonderful interviews on 2000ad review,in fact many items on that great site. never make it here on the officail site?

why is that?
rogue trooper game trailers, on other sites first. not even a look in for the gathered hear,let alone the main stream. in fact the 2nd trailer was on other sites but not the officail rogue trooper site.

MADNESS,recently one thread here linked to a very good comment on this very interesting topic.

perhaps the creativity of the product tends to prevent the bigger picture from being noticed (marketing outside our select band).

a 3rd party may be needed in this area,i have been involved with such things. my former employer got a marketing dept sub contracted and suddendly we where mentioned in magazines,news articles and internet sites of which we had no connection. membership increased by 32% year on year.

it seems to be our weekness.
I AM VERY BUSY!
PJ Maybe and I use the same dictionary, live with it.

NO 2000ad no life!

The Adventurer

Interesting fact, my near relentless plugging on the Newsarama forums have brought, not 1, not 2, but FIVE new US readers into the 2000AD fold.

I'm rather proud of that.

I also plug the trades as much as I can on varrious places.

In fact I should have a Cabs Inc. Vol.1 review going up on the new indie comic news site Independent Propaganda any day now. (I currently am responcible for the Thieves & Kings Vol.1 review on the site's main page)

So, fan plugging can have possitive effects. I know I bust my ass doing it.

I just wish it was easier for backordering Rebellion TPs, US online sites simply don't order enough for easy aquisition.  Rebellion should do resolicitations in Previews periodicly. Like the Case Files whenever a new Case Files solicities. Like Titan does.

Link: http://www.independentpropaganda.com/ip_wp/" target="_blank">Independent Propaganda homesite

THIS SPACE INTENTIONALLY LEFT BLANK