Main Menu

LEOG III?

Started by Quirkafleeg, 31 March, 2006, 11:49:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Quirkafleeg

Been trawling the board re the League of Extraordinary Gentlemen as I've finally got around to reading Vol I and II and there was talk of a third volumne. I take it that never happened...?

Art

Coming soon...

(but not from DC)

petemaskreplica

I think there's a one-shot to come from DC, sort of "Volume 2.5", which is Moore's final contractual obligation to them, before Volume 3 proper, which will be published by Knockabout.

Buddy

I thought the next series of LEOG was to be split up into three two part stories, concentrating on different generations of TLOG.

I believe one tale is about the first LOEG, another is set in the twenties (or summit) and another tale from another incarnation of the group (but I can't remember what era it takes place in).

Of course, I could be wrong, but it's a fine idea!!

DavidXBrunt

That sounds about right but volume 2.5, The Dark Dossier (I think?) is going to be out from D.C., I think it's being saved for when all the A.B.C. stuff is paperbacked.

Leigh S

Is there a possibility DC could use this to piss on Alan's chips then?  Just not release it, or keep pushing it back in order to stop him carrying on with LOEG with knockabout..... thats a paranoid view for sure, but all it takes is one twisted mind....

IndigoPrime

The only way DC would get away with that is if they didn't publish it because it wasn't considered good enough quality. Publishing contracts are almost always based on the work being *supplied*, not *published*. A good example is a 116-page "bookazine" I wrote for one publisher, who paid for it in full but never published it.

petemaskreplica

It would have to be a very twisted mind indeed that would forego the profits on what will probably be one of DC's better selling publications this year just to annoy Alan Moore. So no, not very likely, I'd say.

Buddy

"bookazine"

Is that a word??

Please tell more if this.

DavidXBrunt

Well I was too polite to ask that but now that it's out in the question what the Friar Tuck is a bookazine.

Noisybast

I'm guessing some sort of novella, for publication in magazine format.

Do I win five pounds?
Dan Dare will return for a new adventure soon, Earthlets!

IndigoPrime

"Bookazine" is such a horrid term that I always scare-quote it, although it's now in general use in the publishing world. "Bookazines" are essentially the bastard offspring of books and magazines, hence the name. A good example of these is Future Publishing's Focus Guides, which are 116-page book-like offerings, with no advertising, but which are sold on the magazine racks in newsagents. Other publishers do a similar thing. I suppose they're essentially flimsy books that are published monthly, like a magazine (with a price somewhere between the two).

Buddy

And what was your "bookazine"?

IndigoPrime

Something about Mac stuff. I've done others, though, about various  design things.