Main Menu

Button Man

Started by wb, 05 April, 2006, 07:45:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

paulvonscott

i don't think we've seen the last of the snake mind... surprise comeback in part 4 maybe?

DavidXBrunt

Well I wouldn't completely rule it out. We didn't see it's body after the kill, and perhaps it could have been cloned from a shed skin.

Anyone read that interview with Grant Morrison after Phase 4 was published where he claimed to have inspired a shift in Wagners writing that led to Button Man and then proceded to mock the badger?

paulvonscott

Wagner's got where he has by being a great writer, Grant Morrison got there by being full of shit.

Both equally succesful routes in their own times and fair do's.

If there's no sign of any new Button Man books before the new series I'll go to the progs.  Reminds me of that weird story with the poisoned assassin, that was by wagner and in an annual or some old progs wasn't it?  Tell me I didn't imagine it!?

On Bond, I read some of the newspaper strips, but I have to give up as it started to just feel strangely cold.  Started reading Colonel Sun by Amis (whose books I enjoy) but again, got that feeling.  I quite enjoyed a bond movie as a kid, but there's no nostalgia left for him nowadays I'm afraid.

davidbishop

Poisoned assassin? You're thinking of The Burning Man by Wagner & Ezquerra, originally created for the Earthside 8 dummy and subsequently published in a 2000 AD winter special, IIRC.

davidbishop

paulvonscott

A-ha!  Yeah, that's it, David!

Not that I can find it now.  

I read it and thought, yeah, perhaps not an instant hit, but I reckon this would be really good as an ongoing series.  Like that one where Dredd goes back in time (and who knows even origins) there's that cold hearted thriller vibe that Wagner does very well.