Main Menu

Dogbreath 14, end of an era...

Started by Bolt-01, 16 May, 2006, 04:22:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bolt-01

http://photobucket.com" target="_blank">http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v71/Bolt-01/Dogbreath/cover14.jpg" border="0" alt="Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting">

Launched at the Bristol convention last weekend, the latest Dogbreath features a cover and interior work by artist Rufus Dayglo, and strips by the cream of S/D fandom.

The title is available, along with all the other issues, from the futurequake web-shop.

Bolt-01

Dunk!

That particular Dogbreath doesn't seem to be available to put in my basket.

Tulkas - probably missing something obvious.
"Trust we"

paulvonscott

Sob!  She's waving goodbye...

10 years DrBob has been doing this, how scary  and impressive is that!  Other 2000AD fanzines have come, gone away and come back again in that time.

It even inspired John Wagner to write a great SD story, quite an achievement.

Anyway, I've got mine, it's in the teetering pile of comics I brought back from bristol.">

Bolt-01

Tulkas, I've just sent the details to the webmaster, so it may not appear for a day or two- but it Will.

It is a good issue as well. Some lovely artwork from those involved.

Bolt-01

paulvonscott

http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y94/paulvonscott/Bristol2006005.jpg">

Noisybast

Duly pimped on SD.com...

Link: http://www.strontiumdog.com" target="_blank">www.strontiumdog.com

Dan Dare will return for a new adventure soon, Earthlets!

James

Does that mean FQP are going to continue publishing Dogbreath?

Bolt-01

Sort of.

RAC and I are going to be continuing the title.

We are hoping to be able to make a proper announcement of intentions in a week or so,  when the dust has settled and we've had chance to square things away on the latest FQ.

Bolt-01

Rosso

I was working on the conclusion to 'a Small country killing' the first two episodes of which had appeared in earlier issues of Dogbreath, but unfortunately it missed the deadline by a couple of days. If by some chance anyone was actually following this story apologies for this!

Richmond Clements

Amanda mentioned this to us, Rosso.
If it's alright by you, I think we were going to run the rest of it for you?

W. R. Logan

So Dogbreath isn't going to be retiring to a log cabin on Smiley's World.
Although I'm sad to see Dr Bob hanging up her electronux and stapler I'm not sure if I'm exited about the continuation of the title. One of the things I always liked about Dogbreath was its low tech approach to publishing. It felt like a fanzine that anyone could get work in to you just had to have an interest in the Strontium Dog universe.

Dudley

Erm... why are you assuming that that won't still be the case?

paulvonscott

Yes, change of editor and a new format, clearly that's nothing to get excited about, best we all just give up and remember the glory days with wistful sighs...

But less of the Megazine, let's talk about Dogbreath.  

This 'I remember when fanzines were printed on vole skins, sewn together by hermits' approach is one way to look at it, but if 2000AD and the Meg move forwards, I don't understand why fanzines shouldn't as well?  And by progress, all we're talking about is having the staples down the middle, and I imagine, a colour cover.  

Let's all pause for a moment, while the giddyness wears off shall we?

Amanda has spent ten years putting out 14 issues of dogbreath, that's a really amazing achievement. I'm glad it's continuing and I'm glad it's still going to have contributions from Amanda.  

I find it very hard to sign up to the belief that it would be a better fanzine if it didn't exist any more.

And I think it's great that recently many older fanzines and small press titles are carying on when their editors are wheeled off to the editorial care home for a nice cup of tea and a sit down.

James

Just looking for a bit of feedback here, what did everyone think of my "A girl calleed Jenny" strip in Dogbreath 14?