Main Menu

Nintendo Wii Ad

Started by Meathook, 16 November, 2006, 10:57:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Devons Daddy

i have tried the wii

its amazing really great fun, but graphics wise its already yesterday. though the ps3 is far to pricey.
it could come in as a dark horse, based on the younger set and the non gamer much like the DS has.

i would say its an 360 V WII this time around. with sony bundling some heavy gifts to get itself going.
my money is on ps3 coming in 3rd,as mod chips are now up and running on the 360 in asia.
which is always a big selling point lets be honest.
I AM VERY BUSY!
PJ Maybe and I use the same dictionary, live with it.

NO 2000ad no life!

TordelBack

"i have tried the wii"

No, sorry, I will never stop finding this funny.  I'm too old to change my mental age now.

Bico

If Nintendo wanted the online forums and websites to give them full marks for games, they'd have released them on the 360 first.  cough cough IGN cough.

At this point, that's not even a joke.  Good to see advertising bucks coming before journalistic objectivity - that's what the free market is all about, after all...

Buttonman

Here's a chance to see the inner workings of the Wii!

Link: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IdVYnn1CTVs" target="_blank">Bye Wii!

I, Cosh

Why don't they pronounce it w'aye' rather than w'ee' which makes it sond like pish?

This would also see sales in Newcastle go through the roof.

Shop assistant: "Good evening, sir."
Biffa Bacon: "Wayaye, mon, woman, man."
Shop assistant: "Certainly sir, that'll be 100 pounds."
We never really die.

paulvonscott

Are you calling Biffa's Dad's Playstation 2 a puff?

DavidXBrunt

There's a Wii roadshow touring round the country at the mo. Its on a Bluewater today and tomorrow - might go and check it out. If I do I'll give my opinion of it here.

Wii in the bluewater? Hee hee hee.

Tiplodocus

That ad was enough to convince Mrs Tips to order one as a family present.  The most played Gamecube games are Donkey Konga and Super Mario Dance Mix in our house so I think the idea of getting all of us in front of the console is a winner.

Amazing to read that it has room for 4 gamecube ports in it and it seems no bigger than a DVD box set.

Does anybody konw how the internet connectivity thing will work?  Despite working in IT all of my life, I'm pretty PC ignorant. I'm guessing I'll need to buy some wireless broadband hub thing and somehow get the Wii to talk to it?

Be excellent to each other. And party on!

The Amstor Computer

It's about the same size as three DVD cases stacked. Remarkable, really, though it does explain quite why the system is relatively low-powered - you're not going to be able to stack a lot in that space!

As for internet connectivity, IIRC it should be pretty much the same as with the DS. If you've got broadband & a wireless router, you should be able to turn the system on and instruct it to look for an access point. It should pick up your router and set up a connection and if all's gone well that should be the end of your setup procedure.

BTW - if you like Donkey Konga and Mario Mix, keep an eye out for:

Wii Play - a collection of multiplayer minigames (Laser Hockey, a Duck Hunt-style shooting range, Table Tennis, Billiards, Tank Battle and a few others) that comes with a second remote.

Rayman Raving Rabbids - another minigame collection, but one with a wicked sense of humour. You'll be asked to swing cows on a chain, "pump" a watergun to shoot enemies, pull worms out of rotten teeth & dance off against the lunatic rabbits of the title, along with dozens of other games. You can check out a couple of trailers below to give you a feel for the game.

Just remember, though - if you're buying for the family, make sure you pick up at least one extra remote & nunchuk. The bundled remote with Wii Play is a good deal as you'll get the controller plus a bundle of games for about the same price as a controller alone. Nunchuks are available separately, but they should be relatively cheap.

Bunnies Don't Milk Cows

Devons Daddy

trauma centre second opoinon is confirmed.

think of the old operation board game.with the buzzer and light nose.
put it into a digital format. and add a stroy line and away you go.

the DS version is  great. this (should) be bloody brillant.
wondering if i could get the wife to wear a nurses uniform when we play.
move the unit into the bedroom as well.
I AM VERY BUSY!
PJ Maybe and I use the same dictionary, live with it.

NO 2000ad no life!

Art

I've played Boxing and Tennis for a couple of rounds each, and now I'm a total Wii convert. Just the free games on that thing are the funest videogame experience I've had in years. And anyone can pick it up in seconds! It's really quite fascinating watching other people play it as there really is next to no learning curve, they just pick it up in seconds.

By comparison PS3 and XBOX360 offer what exactly... the same game experience as the last generation consoles with slightly better graphics? HD movies which really don't seem to excite anybody? Those are boring dinosuar consoles.

Art

Oh, and you will need to move your furniture due to all the flailing.

Gothmog

Judging by some of the stories from Americans on gaming sites using the wrist strap and actually holding onto the controller instead of hurling at your TV might be a good idea as well.

Link: http://www.penny-arcade.com/comic/2006/11/29" target="_blank">Just an average Zelda session...

Meathook

I must admit that I am a Ninty fan and always have been so I will be getting a Wii asap . With reference to the advert they have now produced a Twilight Princess ad on Tv which looks absolutely stunning don't you think? Let's hope they keep up their prescence on telly after the launch as well as before.
Three cheers for the big N!!
Each peach pear plum!

Quirkafleeg

>using the wrist strap and actually holding onto the controller

Like this moron.'Ooo look how macho I am ...

Link: http://youtube.com/watch?v=RkdihGX7iWM" target="_blank">with my Jimmy Conners serve'