Main Menu

I hate this country.

Started by Matt Timson, 30 January, 2007, 11:32:43 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Matt Timson

Seriously- if Mrs Jones wasn't so attached to her family, I'd be off like a shot.  We're governed by morons.

Link: http://uk.news.yahoo.com/30012007/344/eco-friendly-homes-face-tax-hike.html" target="_blank">Moronic greed.

Pffft...

johnnystress

johnnystress

Dan Kelly

Similarly this story below.

Of course the twunts with the most money and the greediest cars can avoid the tax due to a f-off large house with offstreet parking.

And how much of the revenue generated will go on green policies?

Link: http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/england/london/6309281.stm" target="_blank">Hit the worst?

Matt Timson

It's just fucking crazy- we're about to be taxed to the hilt for driving our cars (a supposedly 'green' tax- my hairy arse), but try to do something that genuinely helps the environment and guess what?  You get taxed again.

Hurrah!
Pffft...

Banners

If a car is parked, surely it's not polluting?

M@

Funt Solo

Humanity in general (well, governments) seem to have a great attitude to global warming.  The "fuck it" policy.

:"Yo, Tony - the world might end."
:"Yes, but that's no reason to start upsetting the business community."
An angry nineties throwback who needs to get a room ... at a lesbian gymkhana.

IndigoPrime

Just wait until they revalue every property in the UK, but without amending the council tax bands. In our town, even the smallest one-bedroom flat would almost certainly end up in band G (over two grand per year), and anything over a three-bed semi will be band H (the highest, at over £2.5k).

But, yes, if you're trying to be eco-friendly (to save money and to help the environment), the government shouldn't then try to claw back your savings in taxes.  

Matt Timson

And that ludicrously high council tax you're already paying?  Over a quarter of it is actually spent on public sector pensions.  All wrong.
Pffft...

Banners

Still not enough money to save people's sight...

M@

Link: http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/england/west_yorkshire/6311701.stm" target="_blank">Ex-MP battles NHS over eye drug (BBC)

COMMANDO FORCES

I don't see the problem with being taxed so little in this great country of ours.
I mean just look at all the benefits you are getting for it.
Remember if you earn about £30,000 a year and are taxed about £20,000 you are fucked.
Now if you earn £10,000,000 a year and are taxed £9,000,000 you are still a millionare.
It's quite simple earn more or just be a scrounger and do nothing while the hard grafters get screw'd.
I agree that the MPs deserve £100,000 a year otherwise they won't be able to pay all the bills and taxes.
Lets all vote The Monster Raving Loony Party in next time, it can't be any worse!!!!!

Tiplodocus

"I'd be off like a shot"

I have to ask, "Where to?"

Be excellent to each other. And party on!

Trout

We should form our own country: the Republic of Thargia. No, I don't want to be king of it.

On-topic, I live in constant terror of the coming council tax revaluations. We're already at the limit of what we can afford.

One of the major attractions of eco-friendly additions to your homes is a cut in your bills. When (if) I get the cash I'm well keen on a wind turbine, which would be perfect for where we live.
A grand and a half, installed, from B&Q, and lower leccy bills for life? I'll have that.

But if they tax it, that's sheer greed.

- Trout

I, Cosh

"I'd be off like a shot"

I have to ask, "Where to?"

And I'd have to say "Good riddance." If half the people who carp on about how bad this country is and how they're going to leave actually put their money where their mouths are and got out, the country would be a better place for it.

Regarding the original story: how exactly is it news that making improvements to your house increases its value. Replace "wind turbines" in the story with "double glazing" or "conservatories" and it would be exactly the same. To me it's actually positive, as it indicates that people are now seeing such things as desirable rather than the eyesore preserve of beardie-weirdies.

And that ludicrously high council tax you're already paying? Over a quarter of it is actually spent on public sector pensions. All wrong.

Well God forbid that people might actually derive some benefit from their job. Something which helps their employer to retain staff despite their ludicrously low salary. Perhaps you feel that public sector administration should be carried out by indentured labourers in the modern equivalent of poorhouses? Do you have a similar problem with paying for goods and services because a proportion of the cost is going into employee pension funds. Well, with the companies who still have secent pension schemes.
We never really die.

Mikey

I'm with Jones on this.

The Government has looked at it,seen that the people doing it are acting independantly for various reasons and thought "Aha!Rather than actually encouraging such actions we should penalise the buggers for having an eye on the future/wanting to save money!It'll generate revenue being lost through homes being more efficient!"

As for the car parking thing-I believe the only way to get people out of cars is to make it uneconomical to use it,plus discouraging cars that are 'heavy' polluters is perhaps a good thing.

Having to pay to park in front of your own house is a bit fucken rich however.

M.
To tell the truth, you can all get screwed.