Main Menu

Shameless Starship Troopers eBay spam!

Started by Trout, 22 July, 2007, 09:07:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Trout

I call on boarders to fill this thread will all the stuff they're trying to flog on eBay!

Maybe then it won't look so bad that I'm pimping all the stuff listed below...

There's a sort of vague on-topicness, due to the progs for sale, and the science fiction elements of some of the press kits on there.

All the best

- Trout

Link: http://search.ebay.co.uk/_W0QQsassZking_troutQQhtZ-1" target="_blank">Enlist now!

Roger Godpleton

My brother expaining the concept of sniping to my dad after he failed to get a Wii (for me, and I wasn't that disappointed anyway) was one of the numerous fraught conversations that made Xmas 06 at my house such a non stop bundle of fun!
He's only trying to be what following how his dreams make you wanna be, man!

paulvonscott

Tsk, lumping all your disperate SF in one place, because 'it's all SF ain't it?'  (Shakes Head)

I'd say your average Independance Day (action movie buff, maybe likes Terminator or Jurassic Park), Escape from LA (Cult Movie and John Carpenter fan) and Star Trek (that would be a Star Trek fan) bidders were all very different people.

See I'd consider going for the Escape fom LA stuff, but the rest of it would put me off.  I'd feel I was paying for those, and thinking if I won, I'd either sell them, or more likely bin them.  It's like serving a vegetarian a lovely salad with a sausage and a burger on the side and saying they could always leave them if they'd like, just eat the celery.

Personally, I'm dissapointed.

Trout

Well, Paul, it may not sell - no bids yet - so you're welcome to make an offer on any part of an auction afterwards.

They were grouped together because I didn't really see a full lot in any of them and I've had a fair few traders bid of job lots in the past.
At no point did I think "It's all SF, ain't it?"

I have several more press kits, so expect more "lumping together" as I try to clear them out. No more science fiction, though.

If I had a Hawk the Slayer one, you'd get it for free! ;-)

- Trout

Buddy

I would also consider going for the Escape From LA stuff if it were not such a shit film.

paulvonscott

Heh, it is shit, but it had its moments and a great ending.

Buddy

True Paul, true.

Bruce Campbell was great.

paulvonscott

I thought Bruce was too covered in  prosthetics.  

And Kurt Russell rocks.

Wonder what the remake's like (well, not really).

satchmo

Remake will probably make Escape from LA look like Citizen Kane :(
Have you seen the Fog remake? Christ on a bike...

Buddy

I thought that was the idea to have Bruce clook like that because of all the plastic surgery he'd had

paulvonscott