Main Menu

skate

Started by James, 04 September, 2007, 09:59:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

James

Anyone playing the demo on XBOX 360? Available for download. Looks and plays brilliantly, I can't wait for this.

Link: http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=wgsai-GpZak&mode=related&search=" target="_blank">check it

Something Fishy

My Son has been. He reckons it is ace, more realistic then Tony Hawks apparently - says an eight year old who can just about stay on :-)

Bico

The lack of realism in Tony Hawks was a big draw for me, as who wants to be confined to attempting one trick per flip lest you smash your ankles to tiny tiny shards of bone?  It's kind of like all those games that try to introduce realistic physics to a Grand Theft Auto-style game, entirely missing the point of a game being fun and realism kind of getting in the way of you laughing off being riddled with bullets in the middle of a shooting a granny in the face.
The realism usually buys a game novelty value for a bit, but then it's forgotten (True Crime, The Getaway).  I'd be lying if I said I wasn't interested, but I doubt very much if this will bother Tony Hawk's crown anytime soon.  Is it 360-exclusive?

Something Fishy

No, not 360 exclusive.