Main Menu

Bristol 2008, 10-11 May 2008

Started by Bolt-01, 29 April, 2008, 10:39:15 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bolt-01

http://www.comicexpo.net/BICE%20website%20header.jpg>

Well, seeing as there is now less than two weeks to wait for this, who is going, and what are folks looking forward to?

Personally I've got the first Zarjaz I've been involved with, with that cover; Lots more new comics including a convention special £1 only family friendly special. Then there is the outsdie chance of an Eagle again.

I'm hoping to catch up with some friends and maybe get some sketches as well this year.

Bolt-01

Link: http://www.comicexpo.net/" target="_blank">Bristol Expo!

Richmond Clements

Ohhh!

Jebus, I'd forgotten all about the Family Special!
I'm really looking forward to seeing that one!

And meeting all my comic chums, of course!

Queen Firey-Bou

looking forward to catching up with everyone, more hugs for all the fantastic droids who did us proud at Hi-Ex08.

Its always good to meet new comic people too & put faces to names.

hmmm sketches ay? Does buying 'Art work' come under 'research' materials, or capital investment?

Dunk!

Can't make it this year, so all small pressers expect orders for your fine products after the event.

Also good luck to anyone nominated for anything - including sharing bedrooms. :)

"Trust we"

pauljholden

Bah - not for me this year, I'm afraid. Hopefully Brum.

- pj

davidbishop

Had a lovely time at Bristol in 2007 after an absence of seven years, even though I had next to nothing to do [except the blast that was Hypotheticals]. Alas, I have a prior committment this year and won't be there.

Bah and, indeed, humbug.

davidbishop

Buddy

After much hoo-haa it's looking like I'll not be able to make it again this year. Work stuff and other things are gettin in the way.

I'll make a point of booking everything early next year to make sure I attend.

Have a great time, one and all.

See you next year.

Dan Kelly

We'll be there.  Got the hotel booked and should arrive around 9 on Friday Evening...  Ramada bar the place to be?

Looking forward to Hypotheticals on Saturday and hopefully treating myself to a nice piece of art for my B'day

Rob Spalding

I shall be there.
Don't know where I will be and I don't know what most of you look like.  Shall be popping along to the FQ table at some point I'm sure though.

The big question of the Con - Where will we all be watching Doctor Who?

House of Usher

I'll be there, Friday to Sunday. I just *wish* I had had some sort of involvement with a project this time, as it's been too long since I've written or drawn anything. Watch out next year - I can see myself liberated from drudgery this summer and harnessing the creative energy I've been expending on worry and professional development since as long as any of you have known me!
STRIKE !!!

Bolt-01

Garamin- i'll be watching the luxury of my rented room. hopefully with just muni-bolt for company.

Two years ago I watched the Bristol episode in a room containing a very drunk (at that time of day) certain ex-droid who went to work for titan and Paul cornell (who I didn't realise he was till later). It was the most heckled TV I've seen in many years.

Bolt-01

Wils

Malchi and I will be there and we're booked into the Ramada. All being well, we should get into Bristol about mid afternoon.

Anyone fancy meeting up for a meal before beerage on the Friday evening? Definitely open to suggestions on where to go, as I only know one Indian restaurant that I went to in '03 with Art, Wake & Pete and the Chinese one where I ate Cthulhu's nephew the following year.

Bart Oliver

I'll be there from mid afternoon Friday onwards.

Recent (and not so recent) circumstances mean there's not all that much in the way of contributions this year and no portfolio to hawk around the editors' tables.

Still, I'm looking forward to the break. And the beers. Catching up with folk. And turning 28 for the sixth time on Saturday.

BTW Bolt, did you find a use for that second image I sent you a couple of weeks ago?
Obviously you're not a golfer.

thinky

myself, Eyebrows (and possibly Al Ewing) aim to be there for some time around 4ish friday

any plan that involves breaking the marathon beer-drinking with some civilised food is a plan i can heartily endorse

Ollie - i'll be bringing your birthday as discussed the other night in the Ackhorn ;)

thinky

ps - Al, drop me a line
you think this isn't me? that's so sweet...
//http://www.adverseCamber.co.uk

Hoagy

My budget is about 200 quid and travel and b+bs and beer and food is gonna leave me wanting.

So as in the dragons den; Too much risk- I'm out
"bULLshit Mr Hand man!"
"Man, you come right out of a comic book. "
Previously Krombasher.

https://www.deviantart.com/fantasticabstract