Main Menu

Birmingham Comics Show

Started by Buddy, 08 May, 2008, 11:38:56 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Buddy

OK.. A bit early I know, but it takes me so long to organise things I thought I'd better start the prep for this now... and after missing out on Bristol I'd like to give this a go.

Has anyone attended previous BICS?

How does it compare to Bristol?

The site still has bits under construction so can anyone tell me if any hotels do deals for punters going to the con??

Any other information greatly appreciated.

Bolt-01

Hey Ump!

The brum show isn't as big as Bristol, yet. However the difference between the first two was astounding. Hopefully Brum-con III will be even better.

I've no idea about the hotels, as it is a hometown gig for me, but it is a good laugh and I recommend it.

Bolt-01

pauljholden

I intend to. But I'll have two kids then, so I may have some artwork to sell - if anyone fancies pre-booking something now!

-pj

+rufus+

Umpty,

Brum show is great. Loads of artists, much more informal affair.
Mucho drinking!

Hopefully see you there!

Ruf... not going to Brizzlecon...

Richmond Clements

Ruf... not going to Brizzlecon...

WHAT!!! fuck that!

You'll be missed my friend!

But yeah- Brum is good fun.

Buddy

Brum show is great. Loads of artists, much more informal affair.
Mucho drinking!

SOLD!!.

Can get a flight for about £40 and there's a hotel about 20 mins walk from venue for £40 a night.

It also falls on a relatively quiet work week-end so shouldn't have any work issues to hold me back.

I'll book this soon and get that out of the way, then just save my pennies to buy lots of nice comic stuff and beer!

See yous all there!!

+rufus+

Hurray! It's good craic there Sir, and no mistake.

Apologies RAC for not getting to Bristol...too many deadlines... :-(

Richmond Clements

Damn shame!

Not the fact you've got work, the fact you'll not be there!

shanechebsey

Hi There,

The site is now up and running properly. (Just the event schedule to upload asap).

Hotel info can be found at: www.thecomicsshow.co.uk/hotels.htm

Hope that helps,

all the best

Shane

Quote from: "Uncle Umpty"OK.. A bit early I know, but it takes me so long to organise things I thought I'd better start the prep for this now... and after missing out on Bristol I'd like to give this a go.

Has anyone attended previous BICS?

How does it compare to Bristol?

The site still has bits under construction so can anyone tell me if any hotels do deals for punters going to the con??

Any other information greatly appreciated.