Main Menu

Après Bristol 2008

Started by Wils, 11 May, 2008, 09:52:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Queen Firey-Bou

bah ! i dunno if we can make prestonpans now, desipte needing to sell every comic we've got to pay for bristol.

LARF

"I had to sort out a fully-pissed up drunk who was seeing things and hearing voices and had collapsed unconscious in the junior library"

Frigg!

How old was he?

satchmo

Judging by which Library PVS works in, he was probably about 11 :)

Dan Kelly

Bugger.... I appear to have contracted a dose of nerd flu over the weekend...  *sniff*

BTW D'Izzy has posted the photo's of his sketches on his flickr blog...

Link: http://flickr.com/photos/glasseye/sets/72157605013169570/" target="_blank">Can you tell what it is yet

johnnystress

good god

each one a masterpiece-how does he do it?

something to so with fishpaste?

Byron Virgo

Good to see peeps old and new at Brizzle once again: highlights include a wankered-on-rum PVS making elliptical comments about 'abstract gynaecology', Timson scoffing biscuits before attempting to sketch Victorian Wolverine, Jock's threats to serenade me shortly after referring to me in terms of a certain part of the female anatomy, John Reppion's 19th Century explorerâ??s 'tasche, Satchmo's excellent mini-comic 'Godzilla - Film Reviewer' (now he *really* didn't like Cloverfield!), thanks to Bart for the offer of sending me his spare students (Go Street Team!), plus John Spelling wins hands down for Best Dave Stone Anecdote of the Con, which also saw the creation of 'Vic Anger - Black Power Man', striking a blow for the homies against cracker-ass honkey injustice as doled out by The Man, with a rogueâ??s gallery that includes the likes of Johnny Cyclops, The Ku Klux Man and his deadly female sidekick Miss Cegenation.

My favourite comic I picked up this year has to be the 1980 Action Annual, in which Hook Jaw takes a bite out of communism; Hellmann of Hammer Force accidentally kills Montyâ??s Double with an Ancient Egyptian sarcophagus; Spinball blows the presidentâ??s noseâ?¦off his face!; David Gower and Daley Thompson are â??Young Men of Actionâ??; we â??hit the adventure trail with globe-roaming Captain Cliff Hanger and his blade-throwing Ghurkha pal Kukri. Share with them their moments of breathless peril! See if you, too, can find a way outâ?¦ WHEN ESCAPE SEEMS IMPOSSIBLE!â??; D.I.6. agent Dredger has become addicted to Cuban heels and is mistaken for a â??murderous yellow pig!â??; and Look out for Leftyâ??s winger â??Leftyâ?? Lampton gains Albert Steptoe as a grandfather and wows a school fete by kicking the head off a bearhttp://img.photobucket.com/albums/v328/BVirgo01/Action1980_LookOutForLefty.jpg">

Wils

Although I've not looked through everything that I bought, perhaps the most bizarre is the book by Leo Baxendale that includes a piece where a woman pulls out a baby's cock and starts skipping with it.

My find of the weekend is probably The Bogie Man: The Manhattan Project which I got for the princely sum of 2 quid.

Something Fishy

This was nearly the one, I nearly made it this year.   It was even perfect as it was my birthday weekend and i was staying at a mates.

a couple of shit weeks leading up to it though meant that, once again, I didn't.

I'm doomed to never make it I fear.  

James

I missed it this time. I'd like to go one year and do the whole stay in a hotel and get hammered with the borders, but to be honest i' m shit scared of you all!

I nearly went for a few hours on saturday but had some stuff on that got in the way.

Matt Timson

I'd forgotten the drunken Wolverine- with a withered hand, no less.  There was an awful Batman as well, I think.  Plus something else- but I forget what it was now.

Perhaps that's for the best.  The only thing they had in common is that they were all pretty bad.

:)
Pffft...

Tiplodocus

I'm destined never to go as it always but always coincides with my wedding anniversary.

Having said that, if I did go one year, I'm pretty sure I'd be free to go in every subsequent year...
Be excellent to each other. And party on!

paulvonscott

"How old was he?"

Could have been 10 years older or 10 years younger than me.  He looked unidentifiably rough.  Poor guy knew he had a problem and was hoping the library could help as his doctor apparently wasn't interested.  

I've ordered some hopefully easy-to-read books, and am trying to find out more information on help he can get.  Rather dissapointingly, my local GP surgery was of almost no use and suggested I look 'on the internet'.  Well, duh.

Queen Firey-Bou

humm, well PVS, help for people with drugs and alcohol problems ?! you'd think eh, short answer is.. its fucking appauling the lack of real help. people need to get criminalised before social work will vaguely take note, sort of. theres usually charitys that work seperate to mainstream agencies, His best chance might be to check into the nearest mental hospital & get himself sectioned... cos even A&E just chucks them out once the wounds are dressed.

Proudhuff

++accidentally kills Montyâ??s Double with an Ancient Egyptian sarcophagus;++

Damn! that's my next Future Shock sunk...
DDT did a job on me

Aaron Smurf Murphy

Just a quicky to say cheers and lovely to the various borders bumped into at the show (names in no order and may veer from real to boardname at random)...

RAC, Bou and Bolt - cheers for Zarjaz, odd talks and a costume confessional. And i'll hold Bolt to that offer of doing back up inks.

PVS and Ben Clark - the north easts finest were kind enough to give me all the Mike Neville I could handle. A mate back in Swindon hails from Middlesborough has since seen these and automatically recognised Mike Neville, proclaiming Ben as her hero. Cheers for taking a copy of Fecal Depot too!

House Of Usher - Good to see you and your new haircut between a chat and cheese toasty. Sorry about cracking up when you proclaimed you were the first ordained member of the Dirk Despair fanclub too, but you ARE well suited to it.

Al Ewing - Sorry for pressganging you into that photo session but it was a golden oppurtunity man. Nice to chat about Dead Signal too.

Mini-Bolt - Highlight of the weekend for me. Mini Bolt handed me a comic done for a-levels and the first strip was a redrawn version of a comic I did years ago! Brilliant!  

Good weekend all in all.

Finn/Sinn