Main Menu

2000 AD Online

Started by w3bz, 09 July, 2008, 11:22:11 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

w3bz

ukdane

I've just done a Wii test.
The left margin problem has been resolved.
The width of the page is still a little too big for the "Wii-resolution".
If you look at the banner above, it stops just before Dredd's Elbowpad, and on the post, it ends just so that you are: w3b-B0T not w3b-B0Tv2.
Although it is possible to scroll right, it would be cooler if the width matched the browser res.
Anyone know what the Wii-res is?
Cheers

-Daney

MotorheadMike

Thanks for replying. The homepage and forum are now centered under 800x600 resolution, and the problem of 'topic titles blanked out by mouse movement' is fixed.

I believe the 'loss of website by posting' problem was triggered by posting while not logged in. Instead of displaying the log-in screen, the whole website disappeared. This now seems OK.

I still think we could have kept the old database with the new homepage, but as long as we're moving forward.

w3bz

QuoteAlthough it is possible to scroll right, it would be cooler if the width matched the browser res.

I'm sure it would, but then most sites that go beyond 800x600 don't so the idea of it downsizing stuff might be an issue. I'm cool with looking into it!

QuoteI still think we could have kept the old database with the new homepage, but as long as we're moving forward.

The old database is there, but it's being formatted into a new style to work not only with the site but for optimisations sake for search functions etc.

WoD

Any chance of a button on threads to take you back to the 'active thread' page?

Bolt-01

Oh, yes please- that would be a useful thing to have.

Dandontdare

What defines and 'active' thread? I tend to start from "view new posts", so a button to that would be nice (but then again, it's only 2 clicks to the index and onwards, guys - how lazy are we?)

WoD

I'm not that lazy...but...the active post page pretty much gives the view of the old Forum and I liked that (a lot) as you get what's been posted chronologically and then don't have to fish through the various sections to see what's happening.

So as I use that page for my 'front end' to the Forum it would be nice, if it was possible, to be able to then just click a button when finished with a thread and jump back to the 'refreshed' 'active post' page to see if anyone else has posted anything.  I know it is only two clicks...but if it is easier to do (and people other than me would find it useful) then it would be like an early Christmas present!  If not - no worries.

w3bz

QuoteI'm not that lazy

Yeah Yeah  ;)  I've added one to each post by the date - good for you?

Pete Wells

Hey w3b-BOTv2, can I just say whatever tweak you did resolution-wise has now made it work on my mobile phone. I think I love you!

w3bz

I'm a very loveable bot!  :D

WoD

And brilliant too...nice one!!

WoD

I'm flying now...it's like the 'old days' all over again...

Proudhuff

Any chance of the cover of the latest prog on the front page?   :D  Just want to stick it on the Thread about the prog (1603)

Thanks!

Huffy
DDT did a job on me

PsychoGoatee

When will the pages for all the old progs and megs return? And the search option?

It was the best resource for info on all those issues on the net.