Main Menu

Strontium Dog: The Stix Brothers:no mutant features on them?

Started by niall68, 21 February, 2009, 07:11:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

niall68

I'm fan of 2000AD since 1979.

There is an burning question about the feared Stix Brothers of Strontium Dog. I have noticed that there is no mutant features on them apart for large flat lips and slanty eyes but it doesn't give away any mutant features on their bodies.  :?:

Can anyone explain please??

House of Usher

Quote from: "niall68"I have noticed that there is no mutant features on them apart for large flat lips and slanty eyes
Well, there you go! What more do you need? Those features don't suggest any particular ethnic origin for the Stixes: they're mutants. But... and I'm not an expert on Strontinuity... I think it has been shown before that they can dig hand-holds in concrete with their bare fingers. Did this happen in the story that had Ronald Reagan in it? That's the picture I've got in my head.
STRIKE !!!

Leigh S

Yes indeed - I think this question was asked in the progs back in the day, and Tharg gave a similar answer regarding their incredibly thick concrete smushing skin.

Steve Green

Apart from their strength, In the Schicklegruber Grab, it could be read that they've got something like Alpha's ability to influence, or it could just be they're scary, intimidating dogs.

Noisybast

Not all mutants get flashy extravagant powers, y'know.
Look at Middenface McNulty or poor old Ghetto Joe No-Knees.
Dan Dare will return for a new adventure soon, Earthlets!

Peter Wolf

I was pissed off when the Stix Brothers were killed off so quickly as i thought that they had a lot of potential that was wasted but its always a pisser when characters you really like are killed off whenever it happens.
Worthing Bazaar - A fete worse than death

TheEdge

I'm wondering if they are Mutants or clones.

And if they are mutants how were they born, reproduce.
"Save Trees, Eat Beavers"
"Animal Rights: Animals have the right to be tasty"

Richmond Clements

Quote from: "TheEdge"I'm wondering if they are Mutants or clones.

And if they are mutants how were they born, reproduce.

They're not clones- we've met their [spoiler]father[/spoiler] in the story [spoiler]Stone Killers[/spoiler].

niall68

I think the Stix brothers must have had about 4 brothers?? And their Dad was killed by Johnny later after Wulf's death. Must have something to do with Bubba Max?? Can't remember apart I've got 2000ADs in boxes at storage cupboard! (I've collected it since 1979!)

vzzbux

The styx were a clan  and there was never a set number. The mother probably churned them out by the bucket load. Just think of rats and their litter's.

V
Drokking since 1972

Peace is a lie, there's only passion.
Through passion, I gain strength.
Through strength I gain power.
Through power, I gain victory.
Through victory, my chains are broken.

Devons Daddy

the mutation was they where all the same but not clones.
even the way of them,
they where STIX,

i always found them kind of cool, the whole variation of one thing. very original. to my young mind at the time.
I AM VERY BUSY!
PJ Maybe and I use the same dictionary, live with it.

NO 2000ad no life!

Devons Daddy

BTW welcome to the board.

finest place on the WWW, as you are likely aware,
its great here.
I AM VERY BUSY!
PJ Maybe and I use the same dictionary, live with it.

NO 2000ad no life!

Dash Decent

Quote from: "Leigh Shepherd"Yes indeed - I think this question was asked in the progs back in the day, and Tharg gave a similar answer regarding their incredibly thick concrete smushing skin.

Yes, it's also mentioned in the Jonathan Clements Stront novel, "Ruthless".

The Stix brothers are one of the greatest of the SD baddies.  Love that whole mostly silent undercurrent of menace thing they've got going on.  The broad hats and minimal dialogue help reinforce the western feel of SD.  We are so, so lucky to have Carlos Ezquerra illustrating the stories for us (not to mention Wagner writing them) after all this time.  Pure gold.
- By Appointment -
Hero to Michael Carroll

"... rank amateurism and bad jokes." - JohnW.

The Monarch

Tweak72

Quote from: "The monarch"rot you alpha!

Waiiiit an minute. Sould that not read " Rot you Alpha! ... And Cannon Fodder too... After he lost his hand and that." ?
+++THRILL POWER, OVERWHELMING++++++THRILL POWER, OVERWHELMING+++