Main Menu

greetings!

Started by mygrimmbrother, 27 April, 2009, 08:52:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kerrin

Welcome to the board.

mygrimmbrother

Well, Im not gonna get my entry ready in time for this month's... but will definitely have a stab next month. Thanks for your help everyone.

PS Gibson Quarter's Dredd cover gets my vote

Emperor

Good skteches on the blog (and I'm sure this will warm the cockles of... whatever Tharg has with cockles) and a nice use of colour, although you might want to think again about the caps (capslock + internet = crazy person ;) ).

Can we see some more of your non-2000AD stuff? I followed up your mention of Victorian Macabre and found your French facebook gallery (which wasn't as strange as finding your Japanese one) and was wondering what else you had up your sleeve.

Quote from: "Bolt-01"Hi There, I've just realised that I didn't copy His Lordship in on the commissioning mail for your strip... Oops

I see you are still trying to fool us into thinking that FQ HQ isn't some gleaming, retro-future marvel. Better luck next time and don't beat the Bolivian dwarves, you like to use as office boys, too hard .
if I went 'round saying I was an Emperor just because some moistened bint had lobbed a scimitar at me, they'd put me away!

Fractal Friction | Tumblr | Google+

Richmond Clements

Quoteand don't beat the Bolivian dwarves, you like to use as office boys, too hard .

They facking LOVE it...

SuperSurfer

Welcome Matt. I really like your work especially the use of colour and texture. It's a hive of activity here. I'm sure you'll have fun. Nice art comp entry by the way.

mygrimmbrother

Thanks guys for the positive feedback! french gallery?? Japanese??? Huh? not sure what you mean! Pretty much everything decent I've churned out over the last few years is on that facebook page:

http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?pid=2 ... 254?ref=ts

...if anyone fancies a look.

Always wanted to illustrate 2000AD when I was younger - in fact it was probably my only real ambition, but I lost my way at university and sort of turned my back on art for a while. Trying to turn over a new leaf now though. Anyway, I won't give you my life story. And yes, reckon I'll lay off the capitals on the blog!

Nice getting to know you all on here guys x

Gavin_Leahy_Block

Hello, some really great stuff going on there Grimm.