Main Menu

Hello from Portugal! & Where's Mr. Yeowell?

Started by pedrovmoura, 02 May, 2009, 07:12:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

pedrovmoura

Hello all!
My name is Pedro Moura and I just registered. I'm from Lisbon.
Although I have been an intermitent reader of 2000AD (which was sold irregularly in Portugal), it always came across as the magazine with the very best material of modern British comics I have ever seen.
I have registered because I am looking for a way to be in contact with Mr. Steve Yeowell. I am a small/independent publisher and I would love to ask him on the possibility of having published in Portuguese his "New Adventures of Hitler", which he co-created with Mr. Grant Morrison for Revolver/Crisis. I hope it's not a bad thing to be writing in this forum about another magazine!
Anyway, if someone can help me I'd appreciate. I have tried to use the Barney Droid Zone but it always fails for some reason (yes, I get the validation code and all but it always fails).

Thank you all!

Pedro Moura

Emperor

Hello Pedro.

Pedro dropped a note about contacting Steve Yeowell into the Comics Scholar mailing list and I suggested using Barney and dropping a note in here if that doesn't work.

Seeing what you want to speak to him about I think you'd really need to speak to Grant Morrison about this too and he is easier to get in touch with as the publicly available email on his site works (although it might take longer than going via Steve Yeowell). However, I'm not sure how much luck you'll have as I'd suspect there must be a hurdle somewhere along the line (whether it is rights or a lack of desire to see it appear) otherwise I'm sure they could have reprinted it by now - there are a number of publishers who'd be happy to do a fancy hardcover edition that would sell well.

Anyway that said there is no harm in asking. Good luck and let us know how it goes.
if I went 'round saying I was an Emperor just because some moistened bint had lobbed a scimitar at me, they'd put me away!

Fractal Friction | Tumblr | Google+

House of Usher

Anyone know if a reprint of The New Adventures of Adolf Hitler would be okay with Beryl Bainbridge?  8-)
STRIKE !!!

Kerrin

Welcome to the board, have a look around while you're here.

DavidXBrunt

How are you going to vote in Eurovision, mister. A well placed vote for the U.K. would be a lovely gesture that might get Stevie Owl on yourside.

vzzbux

Welcome on board. The more international the better.

V
Drokking since 1972

Peace is a lie, there's only passion.
Through passion, I gain strength.
Through strength I gain power.
Through power, I gain victory.
Through victory, my chains are broken.