Main Menu

New 2000AD Covers Blog

Started by Pete Wells, 06 July, 2009, 06:33:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dandontdare

I was just about to say, isn't that the old logo revisited? It's never been one of my favourites, but I suppose it does the job for "brand recognition".

I can't actually read Tharg's display on that image, but congratulations on your 15 minutes of fame! It's a cracking cover, and I love those Tharg portraits.

TordelBack

Congrats Pete, quite a scoop and well-deserved!  Like the newish logo (always loved the rectangular one), fits well with what's been shown to be a very versatile and effective cover design.   Love those new Thargs!

And John Hunt Davis, feck me, the past couple of years have been like watching a massive new talent grow into their art.  Every single image he produces is better than the last. 

EddieHitler

Hello

In my opinion the best logo by far was the original one and all the others since then especially in the last ten or so years have been pants.  To me they don't jump out at you like a title should.

COMMANDO FORCES

All hail the new Droid that is Pete Wells. I want to see this Droid in Droid Life, sat in a corner working on his computer  ;)

Pete Wells

Ha! That would be great!

I've just edited the post to show the new designs for the Nerve Centre and Input Page. Note the names on the letters page - no sign of the Mighty Proudfoot or Watson but a there's a couple of board regulars!

pye-01

I should point out the text on the letters page is from an old Input a few weeks ago - it's not new, just a placeholder so I could make sure i left enough room in the design! Likewise on the Nerve Centre. Defoe for example, is not set in the old west...

James Stacey

Good good. I know Mr Goggins is a prolific correspondent but the same letter twice in a landmark issue would be good going :)

Banners

Wow - that's great! Really love the new logo. Just wish they'd leave off the duplicate wording alongside it...(!)

M@

TordelBack

One of those Thargs appears to be shooting web fluid at me.  It's giving me Chatroulette flashbacks.

Buttonman

Quote from: James Stacey on 27 July, 2010, 04:36:08 PM
Good good. I know Mr Goggins is a prolific correspondent but the same letter twice in a landmark issue would be good going :)

I nearlt spluttered my tea when I saw that the hack Commando Forces garnered a mention on the letters page. Happily it was a mock up and his flash in the pan was confirmed.

Oh and two letters on one issue? Not unheard of you know, but obviously not the same letter...

Pete Wells

Quote from: pye-01 on 27 July, 2010, 04:23:35 PM
I should point out the text on the letters page is from an old Input a few weeks ago - it's not new, just a placeholder so I could make sure i left enough room in the design! Likewise on the Nerve Centre. Defoe for example, is not set in the old west...

I knew that Pie, I just wanted to win Buttonman up!

Emperor

Well that is a lot to take in - I'll have to wait to see your name as it isn't clear on the picture and I am worried you might have blown a gasket due to all the Thrills. Well done, though on the big scoop - we need more of this!!
if I went 'round saying I was an Emperor just because some moistened bint had lobbed a scimitar at me, they'd put me away!

Fractal Friction | Tumblr | Google+

Colin YNWA

Home now and deary me that cover is just wonderful. Love me a good Tharg cover and that one is quite the beaut!

COMMANDO FORCES

Quote from: Buttonman on 27 July, 2010, 05:16:17 PM
I nearlt spluttered my tea when I saw that the hack Commando Forces garnered a mention on the letters page. Happily it was a mock up and his flash in the pan was confirmed.

I shall have to have a look at this updated version, especially as it has shocked Buttonman so much. Did I ever mention the fact that I had a letter published in one of the DC Dredd's, I thank you  ;)

EDIT...

That looks perfect to me  :D

Pete Wells

Lovely Jon Davis-Hunt sent me a High Res version of the cover but I'm not allowed to show it yet. However, as you can see, Tharg's holo-screen says:

Operator: Tharg
Shift Mnager: Pete Wells

Woohoo, my life is complete! I'm so happy!