Main Menu

The John Wagner Facebook Thread

Started by Pete Wells, 04 November, 2009, 08:47:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

radiator

Please don't - just ignore him. I find that page really interesting and it would be very sad if it descended into a slanging match.

Besides, I'm sure that someone will have filled John in on the sorry situation already.

Jim_Campbell

Quote from: radiator on 28 January, 2010, 03:57:13 PM
Please don't - just ignore him. I find that page really interesting and it would be very sad if it descended into a slanging match.

Don't worry, not going to.

I am just going to unsubscribe to the page, though, since I really don't want to have to read that feeble-minded little shit's deranged ramblings.

Ho hum.

Jim
Stupidly Busy Letterer: Samples. | Blog
Less-Awesome-Artist: Scribbles.

uncle fester

Fair play to John Wagner though, he does seem to have a high Sc*** tolerance level...

Jim_Campbell

Quote from: uncle fester on 28 January, 2010, 04:17:04 PM
Fair play to John Wagner though, he does seem to have a high Sc*** tolerance level...

Higher than mine.

Jim

Richmond Clements

Bah! I had to go look, didn't I..?

He's a tool alright- but John is a bloody saint in how he deals with this stuff.

COMMANDO FORCES

It will be a case of who snaps first, John for being inundated with all that dross or twat bollocks for John not rising to the bait.
The game is on :o

Pete Wells

Gah, I looked too, what a twat he is!

I remember when the Dredd vs Death game was coming out he fucking obssessd about it for months on a forum set up for the game. He spent his time speculating on all the things HE thought should be in it, endlessly repeating himself and clogging up the forum. About a week before it was due to come out, he realised that (obviously) none of his stupid ideas were going to be used so he turned nasty. He was doing his usual slagging off of Rebellion and the Kingsleys but also making up a load of lies about a game he hadn't even played yet was telling anyone who would listen to boycott it.

I had a pop at him for being such a wanker and HE reported ME to the moderator for unreasonable behaviour! He's a prize turd, he really is.

M.I.K.

Scojo must have some kind of psychological disorder, possibly something like Asperger's. Knowing for certain wouldn't make him any more bearable though, unfortunately.

Jim_Campbell

There, I did it. I've un-fanned myself from the page, much to my regret.

Not before I spotted Scotty offering up his opinions on how Big Finish don't know how to write Dredd either. Seriously -- those screenplays are mere days away. Further down the page, he's indulging in little wank fantasies about how John agrees with him that Rennie can't write Dredd.

Has anyone who's opinion John might actually trust (Logan?) contacted John directly to warn him that Scott is genuinely mentally ill?

Cheers

Jim

radiator

Has anyone who's opinion John might actually trust (Logan?) contacted John directly to warn him that Scott is genuinely mentally ill?

I would imagine so.

I propose we start a new page with one of us in control to filter out the crazies...

Jim_Campbell

W. R. Logan

Quote from: Jim_Campbell on 29 January, 2010, 09:20:23 AM

I mentioned it to John a couple of weeks a go and I wasnt the first.

TordelBack

Quote from: Jim_Campbell on 29 January, 2010, 09:20:23 AM
Further down the page, he's indulging in little wank fantasies about how John agrees with him that Rennie can't write Dredd.

In the excellent 2000AD Review interview, didn't Wagner just say that Rennie and Ewing did a good job on Dredd?  Hang on, I'll check... 

Yup:

QuoteYou should address the question to Al Ewing and Gordon Rennie, both of whom seem to understand what makes Dredd work yet still manage to give us their own take on it.

http://www.2000adreview.co.uk/site/index.php/Interviews/John-Wagner-on-Dredd.html

Hoagy

I've just become a fan. Not being so emotionally involved I saw that John said immediately atop the comments that Rennie was one of his favourite writers. There have been some reactions to mr moon tho. Is there absolutely no way to bring am anti social ban on the half man?
"bULLshit Mr Hand man!"
"Man, you come right out of a comic book. "
Previously Krombasher.

https://www.deviantart.com/fantasticabstract

radiator

I've just had another quick look on the page. Oh dear - what a sad state of affairs - such a shame that it's come to this.

He claims to have 'left' following this latest outburst, but I still think it would be a good idea to start a new page that can be moderated properly, and one where people like him can be banned before it turns nasty.

I still plead for tolerance - don't attack the guy - he's clearly very ill and deserves our pity, not our ridicule.