Main Menu

Tony Skinner?

Started by JimBob, 18 September, 2002, 02:13:10 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

JimBob

I've always been interested in how co-writing works. Does any on eknow when and why Pat Mills started working with Mr. skinner, and why the partnership has since disolved?

Jayzus B. Christ

I've often wondered that myself. Who is Tony Skinner? He never seemed to write anything else for 2000ad, other than what he did with Pat Mills.

Leigh S

I have an interview with Tony Skinner somewhere... Skinner was a big bearded bloke, who was a pagan mate of Pats - Pat wrote a lot of stories with co-writers at this time - IIRC an Irish guy for the Crisis stories set in Ireland, a black guy for the Crisis stories about BADs - I think Pat wanted to actually involve people from particular communities rather than risk misrepresenting them.

ukdane

They worked together on a lot of Toxic stuff too.
I want to know whatever happened to Adrian Smith, who did a number of (IMHO) excellent covers for Toxic!
Cheers

-Daney

Wood

Adrian Smith works for GW now.

Meanwhile, Pat Mills' last thing for GW was written with one Debbie Gallagher, whoever she is.

Generally Contrary

But the question remains; how does co-writing work?  Are there any good interviews on the subject floating around aout there in the ether?

Andy B.

W. R. Logan

>  But the question remains; how does co-writing work?

Pat Mills & John Wagner wrote in a garden shed, Alan Grant & John shared a house, Andy Diggle and John have spent a couple of days together and are doing everything else by e-mail. There's no set way but you have to be able to work together, share the typing and when you spend more time arguing over plot points or direction its time to part.

La Placa Rifa,
W. R. Logan.

ukdane

The person who is credited first holds the pencil, and the second credit goes to the person who holds the paper. ;-)
Cheers

-Daney