Main Menu

Life's so drokking fantastic because (the rebirth)

Started by vzzbux, 22 April, 2010, 08:14:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jim_Campbell

Stupidly Busy Letterer: Samples. | Blog
Less-Awesome-Artist: Scribbles.

Molch-R

Tiplodocus

That's lovely that is.

I always loved the bat with pouch flying towards the reader. It was those little incidental details like the swamp creatures on Dagobah in Empire that were seen in the back ground, just as part of the world (not as a villain or a monster) that made Star Wars for me.

(Of course then *HE* started to over egg the pudding and every back ground creature had to come to the fore and do a "comedy" sketch)
Be excellent to each other. And party on!

Jim_Campbell

Y'know how some pages of original art, you can see the physical process in the page? Not this: it's perfect. The blacks are so black, the colours so vibrant... it's just amazing.

Cheers

Jim

TordelBack

Banners

The Legendary Shark

I just received Judge Dredd - Day of Chaos: The Fourth Faction as my prize for the Short Story Comp.
I drokkin' love this site, I drokkin' love Rebellion, I drokkin' love 2000AD and I drokkin' love all of you!
[move]~~~^~~~~~~~[/move]

Mattofthespurs

Quote from: The Legendary Shark on 20 March, 2015, 03:52:11 PM
I just received Judge Dredd - Day of Chaos: The Fourth Faction as my prize for the Short Story Comp.
I drokkin' love this site, I drokkin' love Rebellion, I drokkin' love 2000AD and I drokkin' love all of you!

And like thus, Friday begun.

Hawkmumbler

Jim! You jammy bastrad! Tag thatNSFW or I might just cream myself at the sight of it! It's fecking beautiful!

TordelBack

Jim_Campbell

Quote from: Tordelback on 20 March, 2015, 07:35:16 PM
He's probably lettering it even now.

I'll confess that there was a part of me that was wondering whether it would come with Todd Klein's original lettering overlays. I'm not going to say I was disappointed —that would be completely the wrong word— but there was a tiny pang as I wondered what happened to them, since very few people would have appreciated them the way I would have done.

Cheers!

Jim

Woolly

The photo alone is jaw-dropping  :o
Can't imagine how it must look in the flesh, so to speak.

Can't imagine how chuffed you must feel either  ;)

Mattofthespurs

Spikes

Quote from: Jim_Campbell on 20 March, 2015, 12:29:17 PM
Y'know how some pages of original art, you can see the physical process in the page? Not this: it's perfect. The blacks are so black, the colours so vibrant... it's just amazing.

Cheers

Jim

I totally agree with this. Been fortunate to have gotten a few pages direct from Cam himself, and to see the pages first hand is a revelation.
To look at them, You would think they'd just appeared fully formed, as if by magic.
Some talent, that Guy.

But congrats on snagging this Jim!

sheridan

Quote from: ZenArcade on 21 February, 2015, 12:49:01 PM
Well there goes the Vegans hate kitty kats rumour. Above and beyond there Tip. Z

There was a rumour?  My girlfriend is vegan (vegetarian through choice, vegan through medical stuff) and the third (and feline) member of our household is here due to her.